• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PETER KING with the latest: there are several within Panthers organization that favor Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

Just now, stan786 said:

I would guess long term it’s 0%s for him, generally guys gain some arm strength after getting to the nfl as well. If he’s got a degenerative issue they’ll find it in the physical, AC Joint is a pretty common nfl injury.

And I have no clue how big Pinero is I just know Bryce is small, I just don’t get why I’d care I guess.

Given his frame and weight, would you agree he has less "wiggie" room than others?

Well brother, if he was drafted by the panthers, guess who becomes the smallest player on the 63 men roster? Including punter, kicker, LS........just gives you another vision....in order to benefit young should we include kristen balboni?? Shes on the team, right?!?

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Given his frame and weight, would you agree he has less "wiggie" room than others?

Well brother, if he was drafted by the panthers, guess who becomes the smallest player on the 63 men roster? Including punter, kicker, LS........just gives you another vision....in order to benefit young should we include kristen balboni?? Shes on the team, right?!?

I don’t think there’s anything to prove there is less wiggle room or not, Im not someone who makes assumptions and acts like they are facts though, I try and deep dive anything to find some correlation. Not sure smaller people having joints and ligaments that deteriorate faster is a thing. 

Guys small why do I need a comparison, I’m fully aware of his outlier status. 

13 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Does anyone have a list of games I can watch where Stroud doesn't handle pressure well?

I've watched quite a few of his games and never noticed anything glaring.

Thanks in advance. 

Honestly I think the stuff I watched in Penn State and Iowa specifically gave me pause. A lot of happy feet and a weird spin thing he keeps trying that’s nothing but trouble. The problem is he doesn’t deal with an abundance of pressure generally.

I think you can see the hints of positives all over though as well and I love he put it together for Georgia. I just wish there was more on tape because the negatives make me really nervous.

Edited by stan786
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I don’t think there’s anything to prove there is less wiggle room or not, Im not someone who makes assumptions and acts like they are facts though, I try and deep dive anything to find some correlation. Not sure smaller people having joints and ligaments that deteriorate faster is a thing. 

Guys small why do I need a comparison, I’m fully aware of his outlier status. 

If theres a 4.2 guy and he gets a injury and does all he can, but hes now a 4.5 guy. I feel young needs to be perfect on the injury-front, cause he has less room to lose. Be nice to know his 40 time as well, but thats another issue..

Do you prefer to have the smallest player on a NFL roster playing QB? 

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

If theres a 4.2 guy and he gets a injury and does all he can, but hes now a 4.5 guy. I feel young needs to be perfect on the injury-front, cause he has less room to lose. Be nice to know his 40 time as well, but thats another issue..

Do you prefer to have the smallest player on a NFL roster playing QB? 

Sure if he actually tears his shoulder like Cam did that’s a different concern. But he’s not getting percentages taken off his arm for every ding, every injury has a different cost. Guys don’t get slower because of minor knee sprains. All QBs should worry about serious shoulder injuries though.

No of course It’s not my preference, I’d love for him to be bigger. I feel like I’ve made that clear. I am just not gonna let a bunch of assumption boogeyman prevent me from taking the best QB talent though, which he is by a decent amount in my eyes.

10 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Pick the better QB.  It is so odd this year that most analysts have Young their #1 QB, but they predict Stroud go #1.  Take the #1 QB.

As I keep saying - Young is undoubtedly the best College QB of the three (partly down to his supporting cast and partly down to the opposition).

The NFL Draft is about projection - who is going to be the best NFL QB, and not just in 2023? That's who you take. 

• Flames 1

18 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Sure if he actually tears his shoulder like Cam did that’s a different concern. But he’s not getting percentages taken off his arm for every ding, every injury has a different cost. Guys don’t get slower because of minor knee sprains. All QBs should worry about serious shoulder injuries though.

No of course It’s not my preference, I’d love for him to be bigger. I feel like I’ve made that clear. I am just not gonna let a bunch of assumption boogeyman prevent me from taking the best QB talent though, which he is by a decent amount in my eyes.

Poor Cam never learned how to throw correctly, just armed most off his back foot.....He could still be playing if he used his whole body correctly, unreal talent. 

I too wish young checked the height, weight, arm, hand, core, etc boxes. The 1st overall pick should...but he he does check the most important brain box...

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Poor Cam never learned how to throw correctly, just armed most off his back foot.....He could still be playing if he used his whole body correctly, unreal talent. 

I too wish young checked the height, weight, arm, hand, core, etc boxes. The 1st overall pick should...but he he does check the most important brain box...

Cam will always make me sad, I’ll never forgive Ryan Vermillion and his cronies not shutting him down after that first injury in the Chargers game.  Playing for nothing while your Franchise QB nurses a shoulder injury that would end up deteriorating more and more as he got hit until it eventually did him in.

I’ll say I think Bryce is a lot stronger than he’s given credit for, he runs through a lot more tackles than he should. Josh Mccown seems to think that core strength was important. Doesn’t make up for anything but it’s interesting to note.

Overall I probably agree with you more than we both assume, I’d guess my risk tolerance is just higher.  My desired ceiling to qualify for a number one pick just outweighs what I see CJ as. 

• Beer 1

On 4/6/2023 at 6:23 AM, *FreeFua* said:

I actually think the Panthers played their hand well with the Stroud stuff. They didn’t want Houston to think they were coming up to 1 for Young. Especially since the deal took a while to come together. So out of fear of Houston moving to 1 and Chicago trying to trade back twice, Carolina convinced everyone Stroud was who they wanted

Like I said, CJ Stroud was the real smokescreen. The Panthers played it well and were able to move up to 1 for Bryce