• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kaye's X-Factor: System Fit

Mr. Scot

19 minutes ago, Growl said:

we’re talking about quarterbacks, the system should fit the player not the other way around

it will be both. they have an idea what they want to run already. They aren't going to wait until all the pieces are in place before they figure it out. They'll pick someone who fits better with the vision they have for the offense and then assess what specifically the new QB brings along with the other pieces of the offense and then decide what specifically to do.

But they aren't going to go into the draft with a blank board on offensive scheme. they know what they want to do and who best fits that idea will play a big role in what they want to do. But i'm thinking that they already have an idea of a player/scheme fit. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

56 minutes ago, Growl said:

we’re talking about quarterbacks, the system should fit the player not the other way around

It is so incredibly unwise the take the lesser talent because he fits the current system knowing that the current staff could be gone in 3 years...then what?

That would be an incredibly shortsighted decision if they believed Young was the better player but took CJ because it "fits" Reich system better. No serious Org would ever do that. 

I believe if they take CJ, they legit believe is or will be better than Bryce. Any other reason will be a massive failure!

Coaches' job is to put their best players into the best situations.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

What in Jesus christs holy name you fools talking about?? This is insanity. The most mediocre franchise in nfl history has 5 years of crummy football and all of you are jonesing for status quo? This is nonsense. Even the Stroud truther analysts - of which there are relatively few - openly admit he’s a high floor, low ceiling prospect. 

Fittco traded all those assets - including known commodity Dj - to bloop a single to right field? This fan base is starved for the next Goff/Garoppolo/Carr??

You guys are on-brand, man. An epic trade to 1 and the poultry flocks. Definition of insanity. 

My god if I read one more comment on the Georgia game… Kurt Cousins could write a book on annual one-off good games. 

You’re all getting timeouts. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 5

3 minutes ago, ElSporto said:

What in Jesus christs holy name you fools talking about?? This is insanity. The most mediocre franchise in nfl history has 5 years of crummy football and all of you are jonesing for status quo? This is nonsense. Even the Stroud truther analysts - of which there are relatively few - openly admit he’s a high floor, low ceiling prospect. 

Fittco traded all those assets - including known commodity Dj - to bloop a single to right field? This fan base is starved for the next Goff/Garoppolo/Carr??

You guys are on-brand, man. An epic trade to 1 and the poultry flocks. Definition of insanity. 

My god if I read one more comment on the Georgia game… Kurt Cousins could write a book on annual one-off good games. 

Oh, I suspect we're not the ones that are headed for a time out 😄

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ElSporto said:

Like people are actually suggesting we should take the LESSER TALENT (by their own assessment). 

What kind of None sense is that??? bahahahahaha. Like seriously, you gotta be the ULTIMATE POVERTY fan to suggest your team needs to pick the lesser talent because he fits the system of a coach who may be gone in 3 years. Like what is this place?? seriously.

If we draft CJ because we think he is the better player, I'M 100% DOWN WITH THAT. I respect that!

But if we draft him thinking he is the lesser talent but he fits "some system", that will be an org failure!

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, ElSporto said:

You guys are on-brand, man.

A rookie with 4 posts staunchly supports Bryce Young.  That is very on brand as well.  I am guessing another newer poster will quote and co-sign your post in 3...2...1...

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 2

10 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

It is so incredibly unwise the take the lesser talent because he fits the current system knowing that the current staff could be gone in 3 years...then what?

That would be an incredibly shortsighted decision if they believed Young was the better player but took CJ because it "fits" Reich system better. No serious Org would ever do that. 

I believe if they take CJ, they legit believe is or will be better than Bryce. Any other reason will be a massive failure!

Coaches' job is to put their best players into the best situations.

lol looks like you're sweating because your boy might not be the pick.

that's the risk when you're a player fanboy instead of a fan of a team.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

3 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

A rookie with 4 posts staunchly supports Bryce Young.  That is very on brand as well.  I am guessing another newer poster will quote and co-sign your post in 3...2...1...

Brother, if neurotic levels of posting on a fan message board qualifies it for you, we do not start from from relative baselines. 

• Flames 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

lol looks like you're sweating because your boy might not be the pick.

that's the risk when you're a player fanboy instead of a fan of a team.

Nah, this is not that serious to me. 

You are definitely projecting your mindset onto to me buddy. lol.

It's only football, though I'd love for Bryce to be the pick, I'll still enjoy my team with CJ. 

He will be the best we have had since 2018 Cam!

I just hope the team is smart enough to the take who they believe the best player is (Bryce/CJ/AR) rather than who fits some system...

13 minutes ago, ElSporto said:

lol how many accounts are you going to make? the worst part is that not one of them has been banned and all of them very recently made. either you keep losing account info or you're a loser. 

2nd worst part is that you don't know how to post. you type it up on a word doc or something and then copy paste it?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

That would be an incredibly shortsighted decision if they believed Young was the better player but took CJ because it "fits" Reich system better. No serious Org would ever do that

Really?  In the real world, virtually every employer chooses a candidate that they assess will be the best fit for their system, job description, culture, compensation scale.  Any candidate that is a lesser fit, by definition, is not a better candidate.

Just now, Ivory Panther said:

Nah, this is not that serious to me. 

You are definitely projecting your mindset onto to me buddy. lol.

It's only football, though I'd love for Bryce to be the pick, I'll still enjoy my team with CJ. 

He will be the best we have had since 2018 Cam!

I just hope the team is smart enough to the take who they believe the best player is (Bryce/CJ/AR) rather than who fits some system...

not projecting anything. you've been coming across as a Young fanboy since day 1 here. i mean that's fine...just own it. all the Cam fanboys did years ago.

Just now, bythenbrs said:

Really?  In the real world, virtually every employer chooses a candidate that they assess will be the best fit for their system, job description, culture, compensation scale.  Any candidate that is a lesser fit, by definition, is not a better candidate.

In sports they even came up with a term "BPA" for a reason...Best player available!