• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wade Phillips?

Starscream

I'm new, so forgive me if this has been done before, but I didn't see a whole lot in the search function about it. There's been more than enough talk about Cowher, but didn't see much on Wade Phillips.

All the talk about Fox getting the boot and Cowher coming in next season. Why not Cowboys coach Wade Phillips? He hasn't gotten the job done in the playoffs, but he has an overall winning record. I wouldn't be upset if we had winning seasons w/o a Superbowl ring. A Superbowl win would be nice, but I'd take a set of winning seasons over what we have now anyday.

I'm new, so forgive me if this has been done before, but I didn't see a whole lot in the search function about it.

All the talk about Fox getting the boot and Cowher coming in next season. Why not Cowboys coach Wade Phillips? He hasn't gotten the job done in the playoffs, but he has an overall winning record. I wouldn't be upset if we had winning seasons w/o a Superbowl ring. A Superbowl win would be nice, but I'd take a set of winning seasons over what we have now anyday.

So you would rather win 8 regular season games over 5 playoff games? Statistically that's what you would be trading.

Wade Philips in his 8 complete seasons as a head coach has won 9.3 games per season. John Fox has won 8.3 Phillips is 0-4 in the playoffs and Fox is 5-3

If Cowher cannot pry away Keith Butler from the Steelers to be our DC, then possibly a consideration for Wade Phillips at D/C in the 3-4 would be considered. He has done a good job as D/C in the 3-4.

Not as head coach, our current was much better as a D/C than head coach and they just might be Phillips high water mark also

If Cowher cannot pry away Keith Butler from the Steelers to be our DC, then possibly a consideration for Wade Phillips at D/C in the 3-4 would be considered. He has done a good job as D/C in the 3-4.

Not as head coach, our current was much better as a D/C than head coach and they just might be Phillips high water mark also

No thanks on the 3-4 as well. 3-4 personnel are going to continue getting harder to find, and more expensive. Im not sure how many have noticed this but the Pats are switching to a 4-3, I wonder why:)

I'm new, so forgive me if this has been done before, but I didn't see a whole lot in the search function about it. There's been more than enough talk about Cowher, but didn't see much on Wade Phillips.

Dear God man....do you not even watch football.

Wade Phillips is a JOKE of a coach. He would be at the bottom of my list.....and it would be a LONG list.

Archived