• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young under Center

Calboyz13

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I've watched this game. Indeed if you Google anyone of them and their arm strength, perhaps you'll stop deluding yourself. Neither Manning, Brady or Brees were known for their arm strength. Fancy that.

No, they weren't. But they had good arms. Better than Young's. That's all I'm saying.

It's pretty much just the top 5 arm guys who are known for their arm strength. You gotta be leaving smoke trails.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Look at most credible reports. Seriously, check them out. Most of them basically say that although he doesn't have an elite arm as far as strength that he has an arm to make every throw in the NFL. I haven't seen anyone "doubt" his arm strength. He's not Favre or Elway, but few QBs are. Anthony Richardson will come into the league with a top five arm. Most NFL arms are average to good. 

Personally I only use discredited sources since nobody credible would even dare to think Young is anything short of perfect in any way.

Hell, Vick had a strong arm. Unfortunately for most guys with strong arms, that's not a prerequisite to win championships in the NFL. Honestly it's probably the guys that could process in nanoseconds, read defenses, were anal about film study, had decent protection, coaching and players that made for the best QBs on a consistent basis. I believe that that's still true today.

Edited by top dawg

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Hell, Vick had a strong arm. Unfortunately for most guys with strong arms, that's not a prerequisite to win championships in the NFL. Honestly it's probably the guys that could process in nanoseconds, read defenses, were anal about film study, had decent protection, coaching and players that made for the best QBs on a consistent basis. I believe that that's still true today.

I’m prefer Stroud, and  believe the same thing. I like it even more when you can combine it with a strong arm, that’s the ideal situation.

11 minutes ago, Martin said:

Personally I only use discredited sources since nobody credible would even dare to think Young is anything short of perfect in any way.

I know you're being funny, but I think Young is going to have to learn when to stop trying to extend the play. He may be the type that may make you pull your hair out sometimes by trying to do too much, but he's a really sharp kid, so I think he'll adapt to the speed of the pros relatively quickly. It's going to help him greatly that he played in a pro-style offense. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I know you're being funny, but I think Young is going to have to learn when to stop trying to extend the play. He may be the type that may make you pull your hair out sometimes by trying to do too much, but he's a really sharp kid, so I think he'll adapt to the speed of the pros relatively quickly. It's going to help him greatly that he played in a pro-style offense. 

I appreciate you interpreting it correctly 😀

I believe they have different areas where they are better than each other, but in general they are close in most of them. However, most of the time it does feel like the Young supporters believe that Young is better or the same in every area. Him being short is actually great and one of his many strengths etc. It is ok to admit he’s not perfect. He can still be your guy. I think that’s where a lot if the discussions go sideways. 

11 minutes ago, Martin said:

I believe they have different areas where they are better than each other, but in general they are close in most of them. However, most of the time it does feel like the Young supporters believe that Young is better or the same in every area. Him being short is actually great and one of his many strengths etc. It is ok to admit he’s not perfect. He can still be your guy. I think that’s where a lot if the discussions go sideways. 

Feels like I’ve spent most my time trying to discuss where I think Bryce needs to improve and why I think his special qualities separates him. I haven’t had anyone on the Stroud side tell me their view on what’s a struggle with Stroud and where his weak points may be, it usually just devolves to “well Bryce is going to get crushed like a Prius getting hit by a semi” or “he’ll get smashed like a bug on my windshield”.

I’d love some great convo on prospects that actually dives into them a bit. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Feels like I’ve spent most my time trying to discuss where I think Bryce needs to improve and why I think his special qualities separates him. I haven’t had anyone on the Stroud side tell me their view on what’s a struggle with Stroud and where his weak points may be, it usually just devolves to “well Bryce is going to get crushed like a Prius getting hit by a semi” or “he’ll get smashed like a bug on my windshield”.

From what I’ve seen you’ve been extremely open to discuss strengths and weaknesses. The majority has not.

• Beer 2

18 minutes ago, Martin said:

Young is not a big guy, and I absolutely hope that he doesn't get racked up and ragdolled by guys with bad intentions, and learns to be very judicious about taking unnecessary chances and hits. I also hope that Stroud is blooming Stroud that we saw against Georgia, because he's going to face the same guys with bad intentions, and his efficiency dropped noticeably when facing pressure.

I'm not overly impressed with the Underwear Olympics, but I'll give Stroud a smiley face sticker for participating. 

These are my main questions regarding these guys. Size for one. Pressure for the other.

• Flames 1

Just now, Martin said:

From what I’ve seen you’ve been extremely open to discuss strengths and weaknesses. The majority has not.

I think there’s a ton of hyperbole on both sides right now it makes it a bit difficult. But also I’m so antsy about this pick I can’t not talk about it lmao.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Stroud's last game he did what everyone wanted to see him do so not much to it. If he looks close to that week in and week out that's a franchise qb

• Beer 2