• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears close to trading to 2, then to 9 with Carolina moving up to 2: Houston felt comfortable staying at 2 because they are confident Carolina doesn’t take their guy.

Varking

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Do you have to know what they scored if the point was Young scored the highest?  When I refer to someone being special, do we really want to discuss who came in second, assuming either did?  "Young had the highest score in the S2 cognitive test among all the quarterbacks at the 2023 NFL Combine."  That sets him apart from the others.  In fact, he was not compared to them, he was compared to Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, and Brock Purdy. 

https://www.on3.com/news/nfl-insider-reveals-alabama-qb-bryce-young-had-drafts-highest-score-on-s2-cognitive-test/

And their coaches are going to be biased--getting players drafted early helps their programs.  I consider a person who graduates from Harvard to be smart, but not when I am talking about Harvard's valedictorian.  The coach that singled out Young's intelligence and processing was not Sabin--it was Reich. 

And Justin Fields 

14 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

So you think I said the other QBs have "rocks for brains"?  Not going to start a discussion with someone who makes something up so he can argue against it.  If you heard that from what I wrote, you are already biased and probably not open minded enough to engage in discourse.

There is enough evidence to suggest strongly that Bryce is on another level in terms of his football IQ.  You do not need me to explain that to you, do you? And it does not mean the others are stupid--it means that the same people are not getting the attention for processing and intelligence that Bryce is getting. 

https://www.on3.com/news/nfl-insider-reveals-alabama-qb-bryce-young-had-drafts-highest-score-on-s2-cognitive-test/

Reich: "I remember, a couple years ago at the Heisman Trophy presentation. My wife and I are sitting there watching him. He was so poised as a, I think he was 19 or 20 at the time. This guy, it's not an act; it's like who he is. It's ingrained in him. He's a special guy."..."Highly intelligent, very fast processor, very poised, accurate passer, playmaker," Reich said. "He checks a lot of boxes. No moment's too big for him. Very, very good player. Seems like a great young man. Very impressive."

https://www.panthers.com/news/bryce-young-measures-up-at-scouting-combine

Einstein was smart, but that does not mean everyone else was stupid. I expressed my opinion--Young stands out compared to the other three.  Does that make the others rock heads?  No.  I do not think you are stupid, but your ability to see other perspectives seems to be diminished by your arrogance and desire to confront.  Pity.

My friend you are the one making the determination that Stroud and Richardson will never develop a comparable football IQ to Young. That's what you said. You are not the only one who has made these claims. All I asked was for information. If you took that personally well I apologize but I don't see the need to be so upset about it. We have no idea which of these three will be the best of the bunch it could be the one many least suspect strange things happen in sports. I just hope Bryce Young is ready to be the QB some folks are anointing to elite status before putting on a Panthers jersey. I've tried to be both open minded and realistic about expectations with any of these QB's. I think we are going to need to be patient.

• Poo 1

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Do you have to know what they scored if the point was Young scored the highest?  When I refer to someone being special, do we really want to discuss who came in second, assuming either did?  "Young had the highest score in the S2 cognitive test among all the quarterbacks at the 2023 NFL Combine."  That sets him apart from the others.  In fact, he was not compared to them, he was compared to Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, and Brock Purdy. 

And their coaches are going to be biased--getting players drafted early helps their programs.  I consider a person who graduates from Harvard to be smart, but not when I am talking about Harvard's valedictorian.  The coach that singled out Young's intelligence and processing was not Sabin--it was Reich. 

When one of the QBs is a 'football genius' trapped in a HS QB's body and the other is 6'4" 240lbs, I'd like to know how significant the difference is between the two on the cognitive test.

Young is basically going to have to be Charles Xavier with the power of premonition to make up that gulf in athletic ability. 

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Were u saying that while CJ was up in the vegas odds?

I have always said that odds are manipulated to ensure the house profits.

If I have said anything else it's suggesting that media are the mouthpieces of Vegas via their sponsors.

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, poundaway said:

No one is "anointing" anyone anything.  Some of us want Bryce.  Some prefer Stroud. 

Both have strengths and weaknesses and its hard to project how they will do in the NFL.

Neither has to "walk on water".   

His football IQ has been called elite numerous times here in the last 48 hours alone.

Except I saw the tape of him holding the ball for about 9 seconds and getting picked off by the legendary ULM Warhawks not once but twice. And he only threw the ball 18 times.

Again. If he's the pick be patient.

Edited by frankw
  • Poo 1

Just now, frankw said:

Expect I saw the tape of him holding the ball for about 9 seconds and getting picked off by the legendary ULM Warhawks not once but twice. And he only threw the ball 18 times.

Again. If he's the pick be patient.

There's the negative frankw I know. 

Dump away frankw, buddy.  I wouldn't expect anything less. 

If we pick Young, are you going to celebrate when we lose too?

Some things never change.

• Pie 1

Just now, poundaway said:

There's the negative frankw I know. 

Dump away frankw, buddy.  I wouldn't expect anything less. 

If we pick Young, are you going to celebrate when we lose too?

Some things never change.

You did this same song and dance over Matt Rhule and Sam Darnold whom you were also infatuated with. Truthfully you are borderline giving Bryce the kiss of death here. I'm hoping it works out in our favor as always. The people who root against their own team only exist in your head.

• Poo 1

Just now, frankw said:

You did this same song and dance over Matt Rhule and Sam Darnold whom you were also infatuated with. Truthfully you are borderline giving Bryce the kiss of death here. I'm hoping it works out in our favor as always. The people who root against their own team only exist in your head.

...is that your second or 3rd post about him on this thread?  Obsessed much?  Little PTSD?  Having trouble letting go?

Some of us have moved on frankw.  You should too.

It'll be ok frank.  Young or Stroud, either of them will look better here than Houston. 

Which ever one we pick, it will look like the right one, at least at first, because we have a better overall situation.  Either of them will struggle in Houston.

4 minutes ago, poundaway said:

...is that your second or 3rd post about him on this thread?  Obsessed much?  Little PTSD?  Having trouble letting go?

It'll be ok frank.  Young or Stroud, either of them will look better here than Houston. 

Which ever one we pick, it will look like the right one, at least at first, because we have a better overall situation.  Either of them will struggle in Houston.

At least you finally ditched the Steve Wilks avy 😉☺️

I still think there's a good chance Richardson is the pick.

• Poo 1

15 minutes ago, poundaway said:

It’s so funny what he does vs what he says. Bahahahaha.

Dude is EXTREMELY emotional abt the subject. Even has fake profile to vent in a more aggressive way. But tries to play cool with this profile which clearly isn’t fooling anyone. Lmao

Edited by Ivory Panther
  • Pie 1

13 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I think Young could look better in Houston than Stroud. He is currently better at playing when a play breaks down than Stroud. I feel like that could happen often in Houston. Both could look good here with our OL, running game, and staff.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

At least you finally ditched the Steve Wilks avy 😉☺️

I still think there's a good chance Richardson is the pick.

Speaking of avatars, I find it amusing that you knock Bryce for his size but run around with an avatar of a LB who was 5'9.  Inch and half shorter than Young, in a position that was contact heavy.

I love the guy, a hall of fame character to the very end, but it was a short NFL player.

• Pie 1