• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Film Breakdown Megathread

Ricky Spanish

6 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Young did those things because this most recent Bama team wasn't the same Bama team that Jones had. Look what he did in 2021 with a better supporting cast. Then look at what he did in 2022 when his good supporting cast left. He elevated the team so much that you still think that 2022 Bama was still 2020 Bama.

Yeah...and then there's the National Championship Game. But we have excuses for his performance there too, apparently. I always treat excuses with a bit of skepticism. People made excuses about why Jedavian Clowney wasn't as productive his final college year but should still be picked over Khalil Mack. 

The good news for me is I just now watched Kurt Warner's review of Bryce Young and feel a little more encouraged. 

20 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

Yeah...and then there's the National Championship Game. But we have excuses for his performance there too, apparently. I always treat excuses with a bit of skepticism. People made excuses about why Jedavian Clowney wasn't as productive his final college year but should still be picked over Khalil Mack. 

The good news for me is I just now watched Kurt Warner's review of Bryce Young and feel a little more encouraged. 

You can isolate any one game for any prospect and say they suck because of it. Looking at a one game sample doesn't do much, you have to look at the overall body of work. You can't write Richardson off for his game against Kentucky, just like you can't write Stroud off for his Northwestern Game. All three have played well at different points throughout their college career, and all three have had some bad games.

CJ Stroud turned it on under the brightest lights against Georgia this past postseason, but he "shrank" against OSU's biggest rival in Michigan twice.

Young looked very "mediocre" against Georgia in the CFC game in 2022, but then turned it around and went Beast mode against Kansas State in his final College Bowl game.

Richarson is a lottery ticket that has a ton of bad tape but so much potential he could be a gamechanger.

I'm good with any of them, but at this point it's Young, Richardson, and Stroud for me in that order.

7 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

You can isolate any one game for any prospect and say they suck because of it. Looking at a one game sample doesn't do much, you have to look at the overall body of work. You can't write Richardson off for his game against Kentucky, just like you can't write Stroud off for his Northwestern Game. All three have played well at different points throughout their college career, and all three have had some bad games.

CJ Stroud turned it on under the brightest lights against Georgia this past postseason, but he "shrank" against OSU's biggest rival in Michigan twice.

Young looked very "mediocre" against Georgia in the CFC game in 2022, but then turned it around and went Beast mode against Kansas State in his final College Bowl game.

Richarson is a lottery ticket that has a ton of bad tape but so much potential he could be a gamechanger.

I'm good with any of them, but at this point it's Young, Richardson, and Stroud for me in that order.

I think the talk about his failures against Michigan are a big overblown. Those games were decided by the run game as in Michigan ran wild and the Ohio State defense couldn’t stop anything. Could he have done more? for sure, but to put it squarely on him is a stretch.

Did you know that Bryce Young only had two games in 2022 where the opponent scored more than 30 points, and lost both…

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Martin said:

I think the talk about his failures against Michigan are a big overblown. Those games were decided by the run game as in Michigan ran wild and the Ohio State defense couldn’t stop anything. Could he have done more? for sure, but to put it squarely on him is a stretch.

Did you know that Bryce Young only had two games in 2022 where the opponent scored more than 30 points, and lost both…

Oh for sure, Stroud was not the #1 problem against Michigan, just like Young wasn't the #1 problem against Georgia.

And to your second point, yeah they lost both but by a combined 4 points between the two contests. Alabama lost by 1 against LSU (31-32) and by 3 to Tennessee (49-52). The LSU game was the worst game Bryce played in college. Won't argue that. But the Tennessee game Young had 455 passing yards and 2 TDs. Can't blame him for that one.

Still though, Bryce's worst college game is still better than the worst college game from either Stroud (against a 1-8 Northwestern team) or Richardson (Kentucky). 

🤷‍♂️

I dunno, we'll see. I will say with Richardson, his worst games came at the beginning of the year and he progressively got better as the season went on, which is encouraging. Stroud and Young were just studs the whole time. 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Oh for sure, Stroud was not the #1 problem against Michigan, just like Young wasn't the #1 problem against Georgia.

And to your second point, yeah they lost both but by a combined 4 points between the two contests. Alabama lost by 1 against LSU (31-32) and by 3 to Tennessee (49-52). The LSU game was the worst game Bryce played in college. Won't argue that. But the Tennessee game Young had 455 passing yards and 2 TDs. Can't blame him for that one.

Still though, Bryce's worst college game is still better than the worst college game from either Stroud (against a 1-8 Northwestern team) or Richardson (Kentucky). 

🤷‍♂️

I dunno, we'll see. I will say with Richardson, his worst games came at the beginning of the year and he progressively got better as the season went on, which is encouraging. Stroud and Young were just studs the whole time. 

I totally agree with you, the losses were not solely Young’s and Strouds fault, they were a “team effort”, as were all the wins. I’ve just seen the Stroud losses against Michigan as something to hold against him so I was just countering that a bit.

55 minutes ago, Martin said:

They talk about a season with abnormally high attempts like it was Bryce's proof of NFL prowess they want to elevate ATTEMPTS over completion percentage. 

Done with Bryce talk, compared his stats to Matt Corral, passing, rushing and YOUNGSTER comes up short again!

Fhules Gold.

Not a Panther

To say Bryce's bad games were better than CJ's bad games is kind of eye-rolling. I know CJ didn't throw 2 interceptions, let alone a pick-six in the Peach Bowl against Georgia. 

In post season play, Bryce Young has thrown 9 TDs and 3 interceptions. 

That's pretty good, I guess, for a guy who plays for Alabama. 

In post season play, CJ Stroud has thrown 10 TDs to 1 interception.

So, who had the better bad game seems less important than WHEN they have a bad game.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

To say Bryce's bad games were better than CJ's bad games is kind of eye-rolling. I know CJ didn't throw 2 interceptions, let alone a pick-six in the Peach Bowl against Georgia. 

In post season play, Bryce Young has thrown 9 TDs and 3 interceptions. 

That's pretty good, I guess, for a guy who plays for Alabama. 

In post season play, CJ Stroud has thrown 10 TDs to 1 interception.

So, who had the better bad game seems less important than WHEN they have a bad game.

Young had a bad game against the best team in the nation. Stroud had a bad game against a 1-8 northwestern team. 

Young had a good game against Southern Mississippi, Stroud had a good game against the best team in the nation. 

Both have done well and not well at different points when they should have played well. Both saved the best games of their careers for their last college games - Stroud against Georgia and Young against Kansas State. Both are good. Won't knock either of them for one bad game when both have great overall college careers. 

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Young had a bad game against the best team in the nation. Stroud had a bad game against a 1-8 northwestern team. 

Young had a good game against Southern Mississippi, Stroud had a good game against the best team in the nation. 

Both have done well and not well at different points when they should have played well. Both saved the best games of their careers for their last college games - Stroud against Georgia and Young against Kansas State. Both are good. Won't knock either of them for one bad game when both have great overall college careers. 

It was like 70 mph winds and he had like 80 yards rushing, thats one of the games the scouts point to as a positive

• Pie 2