• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Bryce a #1 prospect if he didn’t go to Bama?

Wundrbread33

Is Bryce Young a #1 prospect if he didn’t go to Bama?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yay
    • Nay

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Impossible to say how he would have performed anywhere else. He could have been much better against inferior competition or he could have been worse with a lesser supporting cast. More than likely he's in the same position as now. Part of the discussions without a clear number 1 

I think a big factor is the exposure. Everyone who watches college football is aware of who QB’s Alabama. They are televised. They play in big games. 

It certainly builds opinion. 

Had Josh Allen QB’d in the SEC he’s probably not dropping out of the top 5 players in the draft. 

4 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I think a big factor is the exposure. Everyone who watches college football is aware of who QB’s Alabama. They are televised. They play in big games. 

It certainly builds opinion. 

Had Josh Allen QB’d in the SEC he’s probably not dropping out of the top 5 players in the draft. 

Outside of Tua has there been an Alabama QB drafted in the top 10 in the past couple decades? Who are our other options? The OSU QB, or the other 2 SEC QBs?

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

He’s not the #1 prospect to me regardless, but where he went to school doesn’t affect anything if you watch a QB closely. Unless you just never see them in any trouble or anything, but that pretty much never happens. You can always find indicators. 

I meant more brand recognition and exposure. In a similar way, this being the board for a team in the Carolina’s, everyone loved them some Sam Howell a couple years back. People here were more aware of him. Watched him more. Likewise everyone watches Young. That’s kind of what I mean. 

Evaluating the tape is why he isn’t my #1. Disregarding his size too. 

He’s too physically limited for my liking (outside of size), but the mind and feel for the game is legit (or seems that way).

If he was his size but faster, or with a laser for an arm, I would get more excited, but he just screams late 1st/early 2nd type guy to me if he wasn’t college footballs darling. 

22 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I meant more brand recognition and exposure. In a similar way, this being the board for a team in the Carolina’s, everyone loved them some Sam Howell a couple years back. People here were more aware of him. Watched him more. Likewise everyone watches Young. That’s kind of what I mean. 

Evaluating the tape is why he isn’t my #1. Disregarding his size too. 

He’s too physically limited for my liking (outside of size), but the mind and feel for the game is legit (or seems that way).

If he was his size but faster, or with a laser for an arm, I would get more excited, but he just screams late 1st/early 2nd type guy to me if he wasn’t college footballs darling. 

Yea, I mean the exposure is something you can’t take deny helps perception.  That’s why sometimes there’s a diamond in the rough out there no one has heard about.  Not much we can do about that, just gotta trust your team’s scouting department is thorough enough. If he was at Boise st or something and still on the radar and performing like he did, I’d still say he’s a top prospect. If Stroud weren’t in this draft he’d be my favorite QB at #1, because even if he is a bit physically limited, both in stature and in strength, he’s still very gifted and very good with the football. He’s not weak or noodle armed, just not top tier in that department.  He has other strengths that compensate.  He’s not as good a thrower as Stroud, but he’s better than most that have come out the past few years, in addition to the smarts and unplanned playmaking. 

• Pie 1