• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On today's episode of Panthers Subliminals...

5 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Missing out on Young to take Stroud is huge mistake.

It is very likely one these guys is going to bust.  The less mobile one, who is among the worst QB's under pressure in college football is the likely candidate.

If Young is so fast and mobile why no 40 time? I doubt he is much faster than Stroud and definitely slower than Richardson. 

• Pie 1

Just now, poundaway said:

Yes Stroud looked a bit improved, but go watch that Georgia game and then watch Bama LSU game.  Stroud's best elusiveness is inferior to Youngs worst.

I think this is where people get extreme. Both are solid prospects. Stroud’s UGA game looked better than Young’s worse game, come on now… Young was like 50% with 1 TD and 1 INT where Gibbs had over 6.5 yards a carry. They are PLENTY of other games where Young looked better than Stroud. Plus Stroud had the best WR in college football which definitely helped. There is no need to tear down one to make the other look better.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

We all know that the 40 time tells us how quick a player is in the pocket.

🙄

Pocket awareness has nothing to do with mobility. If it does then Tom Brady is a mobile QB. Young is not a running threat. 

Edited by PootieNunu

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I think this is where people get extreme. Both are solid prospects. Stroud’s UGA game looked better than Young’s worse game, come on now… Young was like 50% with 1 TD and 1 INT where Gibbs had over 6.5 yards a carry. They are PLENTY of other games where Young looked better than Stroud. Plus Stroud had the best WR in college football which definitely helped. There is no need to tear down one to make the other look better.

Excited Lets Go GIF

3 hours ago, Tbe said:

The majority of fans also wanted Steve Wilks with Cam at QB.

Well....technically, hiring Reich over keeping steven wilks hasnt proven to be a success yet. We can get excited in the off season all we want. Wins and losses will say a lot more. 

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Just my opinion, but I think Stroud got much better under pressure as the season progressed. Early on he would freak out and throw it away or throw it too far (but seldomly turned the ball over). Once he got exposed to it more he looked more comfortable, finishing with the UGA game were he looked to be on Young’s level. Obviously he needs to show that consistently but that does show me he is learning and trending in the right direction for the pressure issues. 

I think he showed hints of it a lot during the year, but the more I watched the more I just settled on it made me uneasy how it came in so randomly on his tape, I love the Georgia game but I just personally can’t put that much of my evaluation on just one great game I guess.

I also ended up realizing I never really ever felt urgency from him outside of Georgia and if I didn’t look at the score board I could never tell if they were up down etc, just felt like I could watch Bryce elevate when he needed it.

It’s just a lot of QB preference stuff. I’m not gonna discount Stroud it’s just how I feel I guess.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I think this is where people get extreme. Both are solid prospects. Stroud’s UGA game looked better than Young’s worse game, come on now…

Go watch em.  Here is Youngs "worst game"  If you don't have time to watch 12 minutes of throws, then watch just where I start it at. 

Heres Strouds "BEST game"

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I think he showed hints of it a lot during the year, but the more I watched the more I just settled on it made me uneasy how it came in so randomly on his tape, I love the Georgia game but I just personally can’t put that much of my evaluation on just one great game I guess.

I also ended up realizing I never really ever felt urgency from him outside of Georgia and if I didn’t look at the score board I could never tell if they were up down etc, just felt like I could watch Bryce elevate when he needed it.

It’s just a lot of QB preference stuff. I’m not gonna discount Stroud it’s just how I feel I guess.

I could see that. It looked like there were some games where Stroud was kind of just “going through the motions.” He kind of has that laid back demeanor and Young injects energy into his team kind of like Cam did. I agree with that. It’s why I have that weird feeling where I might prefer Stroud, but am afraid of passing on Young. I can see more of that “it” factor from Young.