• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which Top QB better fits the new OC play calling style..

10 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I think the jumping around in the pocket and rolling out to hit his guys 20 yards down the field isn't going to translate. It's going to be a lot of throwing slants out of shotgun dink and dunk crap. He can't throw from the pocket like CJ can, so if/when teams contain him, they won't fear the deep ball, they'll just rush 4 or 5 and cover the short and intermediate stuff. Potential to be stressful yet boring at the same time

This is what I think too. You don’t want any quarterback to be running around like that inside the pocket, let alone a tiny one. I just don’t really see much of his game translating. I love how intelligent is and I don’t think he’ll completely bust because of that intelligence but his physical limitations exist and I don’t get why they’re so ignored just because he’s fun to watch. Feel like we’ve already had tons of examples of guys fitting that description who just don’t work out in the NFL.

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Just as I thought you can't provide proof. I rest my case.

Believe what you want.

When you see these superfreak athletes that's 180 pounds but benching 350 just know it's the meat.

Those powerhouse high school football progams have been doing this for decades. My cousin played for one of those schools. He was 175 pounds benching 350 which was more than anyone on our team at the time. Mind you I was a starting RB at my school 5'11 215 and my max was 280 my senior year. This is not normal!

8 minutes ago, CamTheMan said:

I love how intelligent is and I don’t think he’ll completely bust because of that intelligence but his physical limitations exist and I don’t get why they’re so ignored just because he’s fun to watch.

Side note, but why take the player with such physical limitations and arguably the lowest ceiling out of all the top 4 quarterbacks when we were so aggressive in our staff hires? We have all the pieces in place to groom a quarterback with mental and mechanical holes in their game but there are no fixes to being small with a middle of the pack arm. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, CamTheMan said:

Side note, but why take the player with such physical limitations and arguably the lowest ceiling out of all the top 4 quarterbacks when we were so aggressive in our staff hires? We have all the pieces in place to groom a quarterback with mental and mechanical holes in their game but there are no fixes to being small with a middle of the pack arm. 

Exactly. You have to devote all your energy to designing the playbook around his physical limitations, that's not why you put together a staff like this. No QB sneaks, no 60+ yard bombs to keep the secondary on their toes, possibly no play action under center. Cardinals fans have been bitching for 3 years now how Kyler is still in shotgun on 4th and inches/goal line

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

28 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

A team I played in High School dominated for decades because they feed their kids steroid meat. They were always bigger/faster than the competition. Small school but they stay producing NFL talent.

It's the meat!

So they ate Mondo Burgers? 🤔

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

41 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Believe what you want.

When you see these superfreak athletes that's 180 pounds but benching 350 just know it's the meat.

Those powerhouse high school football progams have been doing this for decades. My cousin played for one of those schools. He was 175 pounds benching 350 which was more than anyone on our team at the time. Mind you I was a starting RB at my school 5'11 215 and my max was 280 my senior year. This is not normal!

Al bundy

Edited by mrcompletely11

4 hours ago, poundaway said:

It would explain why the mods let that set of PanthersBlahBlahBlah### accounts run around with impunity.

How are you any better exactly? Last night and tonight you've been slinking around old Bryce Young threads spammng poo reactions. The truth of the matter is you are as bad or worse than any of the so called trolls you complain about. Look in the mirror.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, CamTheMan said:

Happy Lets Go GIF by Carolina Panthers

So why is CJ the "safe" pick when he needs coaching to reach his full potential. Bryce is an easy pick for Texans/rhule type team that needs someone that needs less coaching but a lower ceiling physically. 100% CJ is > 100% Bryce and Tepper just spent unknown amounts of money on this coaching staff to get the best out of a ball of clay. If we naturally sucked into the top pick and Wilks was still the HC I'd get the Bryce pick but it's not making sense in this scenario to me

• Pie 2