• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young makes sense

Gash

11 hours ago, Gash said:

The Panthers value players on rookie contracts. That how you win in today's NFL. Young will step in and play right away. You get 4 to 5 years of a starting QB on a rookie deal and you have enough resources to put talent around him and also build depth. Successful teams have depth, and the Panthers have not had it the past several seasons.

Young's intellect and processing suggest that he will learn the offense and be able to apply those skills to the NFL right away. He's done it at every level so far. 

Additionally, the Panthers will continue to have QBs on the roster (Corral, Eason, draft) to develop behind Young and provide insurance.

$50 million is a lot of cap to dedicate to one player. Its ok with me if we get 4 years of top level play out of Young so that we have options when its time for him to get paid the big bucks. The Panthers will have someone ready to step in and start on a cheaper deal if they can't keep him on a reasonable salary.

You statements were all concise and right on target. After watching tapes on Alabama QB Bryce Young, I got the impression Young had that quality all the great QB"s have, called the "IT" factor.

Just when you think he has no chance to escape a rushing defensive lineman, or no way he can complete a really hard pass, he proves you wrong. 

I can hardly wait to see how he does in the NFL this year regardless of which team, and I hope it's the Panthers, drafts him.

• Flames 1

13 hours ago, Panthers L said:

Young is shorter and lighter than Tua. Please explain to me what will prevent this from happening to him? 

Tua was hurt in college and might be soft headed.. Young is better at avoiding hits and smarter with his body.. The Tua thing might be just a Tua thing..

6 minutes ago, Gash said:

Agree hes not the right guy for the Panthers, but I like his potential. Hope he goes where he can develop.

Florida QB, Anthony Richardson would be an ideal choice for a team that has a decent but not great QB and feels it has time to develop and coach Richardson up to become the eventual starter.

2 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Florida QB, Anthony Richardson would be an ideal choice for a team that has a decent but not great QB and feels it has time to develop and coach Richardson up to become the eventual starter.

Seattle? Las Vegas?

• Pie 1