• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

21 minutes ago, t96 said:

Lewan has had a bunch of injuries lately but could be very solid tackle depth if he'd come cheap. Also, our old buddy McD is apparently very concerned about Diggs skipping mandatory minicamp, wonder if he winds up forcing a trade...

I was always a big Lewan fan, but he's lost a ton of weight. I think he's giving up on the NFL and just happy to be doing his podcast with Barstool Sports.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, t96 said:

Lewan has had a bunch of injuries lately but could be very solid tackle depth if he'd come cheap. Also, our old buddy McD is apparently very concerned about Diggs skipping mandatory minicamp, wonder if he winds up forcing a trade...

Let's cut this one off before it gets started, we will never trade for Diggs, nor should we even entertain it.

Absolutely one of the best WRs in the league, better than Hopkins is at this point as well.  But the guy is a huge diva who demands targets and when he doesn't get as many as he likes, he loses his cool.

That's just the exact opposite type of a WR you want to give to a rookie QB, particularly one whose game looks like it will be predicated on making the right reads, spreading the ball around, and not forcing the ball to any one player.

Would be the worst thing for Bryce's development and even worse for the development of TMJ/Mingo than Hopkins would be.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Let's cut this one off before it gets started, we will never trade for Diggs, nor should we even entertain it.

Absolutely one of the best WRs in the league, better than Hopkins is at this point as well.  But the guy is a huge diva who demands targets and when he doesn't get as many as he likes, he loses his cool.

That's just the exact opposite type of a WR you want to give to a rookie QB, particularly one whose game looks like it will be predicated on making the right reads, spreading the ball around, and not forcing the ball to any one player.

Would be the worst thing for Bryce's development and even worse for the development of TMJ/Mingo than Hopkins would be.

to be clear I wasn't suggesting we would or should be involved, this is an NFL news thread so that's why I added it

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, t96 said:

I had a feeling from some comments he said last year he seems to be getting tired of never making it to the Super Bowl and feels the Bills window is closing. 
I am kinda in that camp too. But I think McDermott will enter 2023 season on a warm seat. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Bills have a young MVP caliber QB. They're window isn't closing for a long time unless he gets Cam'd which given his playing style and previous shoulder issues isn't out of the question.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/josh-allen-25102/

Allen's style of play (reliance on running to be truly elite) along with contract kicking in next year (and them coming up short the last several years against Chiefs/Bengals who both are better now and still likely will continue to be in the next few years/going forward) will make it tough for them to be as legit of contenders as they have been the past 3 years. Also the division is tougher. Window definitely isn't closing but they will have some serious work cut out for them to stay a contender the next several years.

22 minutes ago, t96 said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/josh-allen-25102/

Allen's style of play (reliance on running to be truly elite) along with contract kicking in next year (and them coming up short the last several years against Chiefs/Bengals who both are better now and still likely will continue to be in the next few years/going forward) will make it tough for them to be as legit of contenders as they have been the past 3 years. Also the division is tougher. Window definitely isn't closing but they will have some serious work cut out for them to stay a contender the next several years.

I've heard this about the Saints for Loomis' entire tenure. Still waiting for it to catch up with them. It's all black magic accounting tricks. A hard cap is a great thing for competitiveness but there are plenty of loopholes for manipulation.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've heard this about the Saints for Loomis' entire tenure. Still waiting for it to catch up with them. It's all black magic accounting tricks. A hard cap is a great thing for competitiveness but there are plenty of loopholes for manipulation.

And the Aints were true contenders for how many of those years while having an elite hall of fame iron man QB (which Allen is not)?

About 3 years around when they won the Super Bowl (similar to the last 3 years Bills but they didn't win it all)

Then about 2-3 years following their 2017 draft which could be argued as one of the best drafts by any team in league history and the main reason for their status as contenders the following years. As I said in my last post, "they will have some serious work cut out for them to stay a contender the next several years." I'd say that type of draft qualifies as "serious work cut out for them," getting an elite cornerback, OT, RB and above average starting safety & pass rusher all in the same draft to have on rookie deals for 4 years. Hey, maybe the Bills can do that too!

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, t96 said:

to be clear I wasn't suggesting we would or should be involved, this is an NFL news thread so that's why I added it

Fair, but also to be clear on my end, I was only quoting you because you had mentioned if Diggs would force a trade.

It was more of a preemptive post to cut off someone else, who shall remain nameless, before they start crying about how much we need to trade for Diggs

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

My goodness what is with this board and them calling every WR a diva?

I feel like we shouldn't even discuss WR's because all anyone wants to talk about is them being divas. It's 2023 not 2003.

I remember diva's being like TO and Randy Moss. Those guys ruined locker rooms and in Moss case in Oakland quit on his teammates.

Antonio Brown was the last of the dying breed of a true diva WR.

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Bills have a young MVP caliber QB. They're window isn't closing for a long time unless he gets Cam'd which given his playing style and previous shoulder issues isn't out of the question.

Allen is becoming overrated if we being honest. He's been the guy for the past 2 years and he is simply not getting it done in the playoffs. I feel like that matchup with Mahommes made people think he was the next big thing. Im just trying to figure out when will he be better than Mahomes and Burrow?

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Allen is becoming overrated if we being honest. He's been the guy for the past 2 years and he is simply not getting it done in the playoffs. I feel like that matchup with Mahommes made people think he was the next big thing. Im just trying to figure out when will he be better than Mahomes and Burrow?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02/gamelog/post/

He didn't play particularly well in last year's loss against Cincy but he was also nursing injuries. But overall, those are pretty outstanding playoff stats.

52 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My goodness what is with this board and them calling every WR a diva?

I feel like we shouldn't even discuss WR's because all anyone wants to talk about is them being divas. It's 2023 not 2003.

I remember diva's being like TO and Randy Moss. Those guys ruined locker rooms and in Moss case in Oakland quit on his teammates.

Antonio Brown was the last of the dying breed of a true diva WR.

Who is saying every WR is a diva?  For the record, I've never once said that Hopkins is a diva if that's what you're insinuating.  Me saying he would demand 150 targets on the year isn't meant as him actually demanding it, but more of just how many targets would end up going his way and I think it's a detriment to TMJ and Mingo's development.

Anyone who has watched Diggs' career can see that he's a diva (his brother kinda is as well to be honest). 

I also wouldn't consider Antonio Brown a diva, he's more of a cancer to a team/locker room than a diva.  Diggs also isn't the type of diva that almost all teams would want to avoid having on their team, hell, if I was the Colts with AR or Titans with Levis, I'd love to have Diggs.  

But Bryce's game is just different, it's his mental approach to the game, working through progressions, scrambling and making off script plays.  If Bryce was a 3 or 4 year vet, it would be different, he'd have more of a voice and experience to handle a Diggs, but even Josh Allen, an MVP candidate who's been around for a bit now, struggled at times with him.  

That's why I think the argument against Diggs isn't about hurting TMJ/Mingo like it is with Hopkins, but this one would affect Bryce in a negative way

Diggs would just be a terrible fit with a rookie like Bryce, and it goes both ways, Bryce probably wouldn't be a great fit for what Diggs would be looking for in a QB either if he asked for a trade, he'd want a QB who will have Diggs as his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd read on each play

Edited by tukafan21

32 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Who is saying every WR is a diva?  For the record, I've never once said that Hopkins is a diva if that's what you're insinuating.  Me saying he would demand 150 targets on the year isn't meant as him actually demanding it, but more of just how many targets would end up going his way and I think it's a detriment to TMJ and Mingo's development.

Anyone who has watched Diggs' career can see that he's a diva (his brother kinda is as well to be honest). 

I also wouldn't consider Antonio Brown a diva, he's more of a cancer to a team/locker room than a diva.  Diggs also isn't the type of diva that almost all teams would want to avoid having on their team, hell, if I was the Colts with AR or Titans with Levis, I'd love to have Diggs.  

But Bryce's game is just different, it's his mental approach to the game, working through progressions, scrambling and making off script plays.  If Bryce was a 3 or 4 year vet, it would be different, he'd have more of a voice and experience to handle a Diggs, but even Josh Allen, an MVP candidate who's been around for a bit now, struggled at times with him.  

That's why I think the argument against Diggs isn't about hurting TMJ/Mingo like it is with Hopkins, but this one would affect Bryce in a negative way

Diggs would just be a terrible fit with a rookie like Bryce, and it goes both ways, Bryce probably wouldn't be a great fit for what Diggs would be looking for in a QB either if he asked for a trade, he'd want a QB who will have Diggs as his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd read on each play

Diggs is a terrible fit with Young, Hopkins is a terrible fit with Young, what's next Devante Adams is a terrible fit with Young?

I guess we need to pair a "young WR" with Young. Because all the veteran WR's are bad fits...

Edited by CamWhoaaCam