• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

1 hour ago, Martin said:

I think most people are referring to his stats, which are not good for 3 pointers or free throws 

image.thumb.png.ccce0f098c15152d37009fe9ef455ec5.png

So you think shooting is all about 3s? The dude has a solid mid range game and knows how to create the shot off dribble with great form. You know who else stats says they werent good at shooting 3s before draft?......LAMELO BALL.

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Now throw in the fact that Miller can play and guard multiple positions and our only star plays a very similar role to Scoot, Miller seems like the right choice.

Why this is even a debate after literally The NBA is a 2 way wing league is crazy..

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

So you think shooting is all about 3s? The dude has a solid mid range game and knows how to create the shot off dribble with great form. You know who else stats says they werent good at shooting 3s before draft?......LAMELO BALL.

I don’t care about him being a smaller Demar Derozen if he can’t consistently knock down the 3 at 6’2 it’s a waste when we already have a all star pg..

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Its not one game...wtf?? Just say you dont know much about Scoot at all. Jesus christ.

I know about scoot then you and all you are showing is mid range jumpers which in the nba “of today” is a low value shot..

Mid range players don’t create space and at 6’2 getting your midrange jumper off is a lot harder with bigger longer wing players guarding you like Miller.. 

Just say you don’t know basketball!!!

• Pie 1

The only way Scoot and Lamelo works is

1.Lamelo becomes the 2.. You take the ball out of his hands and he becomes Reggie Miller or Klay constantly running around picks… 

Problem with this is Lamelo not a good defender and will become more like Jj Redick or Kyle Kover .. Plus he is pretty much 1 of the best passers in the league so giving that up is dumb…

2. Scoot becomes a better version of CJ Mcclcomm (a knock down shooter scorer) who also is a elite defender and can guard players like Jaylen Brown, James Harden, Jason Tatum, pretty much the best 2,3 wing players in the league.. 

Problem is he isn’t a good defender now.. Plus he’s short to be SG and pretty much puts us in the same position we’re in with Terry Rozier starting (with a worst shot of course)..,

7 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I know about scoot then you and all you are showing is mid range jumpers which in the nba “of today” is a low value shot..

Mid range players don’t create space and at 6’2 getting your midrange jumper off is a lot harder with bigger longer wing players guarding you like Miller.. 

Just say you don’t know basketball!!!

Yeah you right, its low value and wont help. Shai Gilchrist Alexander, Devin booker, Colin Sexton, De aron Fox, Kemba Walker, Jimmy Butler all struggle with it and can score with the best of them. These guys are short and taller players and clearly cant get their shot off over longer wing players. Jesus....You are not even worth the time to debate this and probably barely even watches the nba. 

• Pie 1

If Miller had Tatum’s athleticism (Miller is still a good athlete) and elite ability to create of the dribble and get to the rim then Miller would be the pick no questions asked.

I think if you draft Miller then you just work on his iso game and add some weight to his frame so he can finish better at the rim.

All other aspects of his game are NBA ready.

As for Scoot, I don’t hate him and I think he’ll be a fine NBA player but elite wings run the NBA. LeBron, Jimmy Buckets, Tatum, those are the guys that are leading their team’s in the playoffs. It’s just extremely difficult for a guard to impact every facet of the game like a 6-9 wing can.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 5

8 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Yeah you right, its low value and wont help. Shai Gilchrist Alexander, Devin booker, Colin Sexton, De aron Fox, Kemba Walker, Jimmy Butler all struggle with it and can score with the best of them. These guys are short and taller players and clearly cant get their shot off over longer wing players. Jesus....You are not even worth the time to debate this and probably barely even watches the nba. 

I’m glad you put Colin Sexton on your list because that’s a apt comparison..  (Shai, Booker and Butler are all bigger players (big difference) And Fox and Kemba only got rated higher when they hit the 3 consistently) So those examples don’t fit..

Now back to Sexton .. If roster construction don’t mean poo.. Why didn’t the Sexton, Garland back court work?? If having super athletic Combo guards (who can’t shoot 3’s consistently)are so effective why didn’t Cleveland keep Sexton with Garland??

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

If Miller had Tatum’s athleticism (Miller is still a good athlete) and elite ability to create of the dribble and get to the rim then Miller would be the pick no questions asked.

I think if you draft Miller then you just work on his iso game and add some weight to his frame so he can finish better at the rim.

All other aspects of his game are NBA ready.

As for Scoot, I don’t hate him and I think he’ll be a fine NBA player but elite wings run the NBA. LeBron, Jimmy Buckets, Tatum, those are the guys that are leading their team’s in the playoffs. It’s just extremely difficult for a guard to impact every facet of the game like a 6-9 wing can.

This^^ 

it’s not even a mystery anymore.. You either have a dominant wing player or you’re not winning consistently..

• Pie 1