• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

13 minutes ago, Ship said:

Miller can get fuged. The bullshit with the gun did it for me but then he is invisible in the tournament. Can't have that with a team of guys who can't win a play-in game. He's not an alpha and if he's a Paul George? That sucks because George is an empty All-Star. Does nothing for us.

Scoot has the mentality this team is severely lacking. It's not even a debate.

I rather have a Paul George than a Russell Westbrook...

On 5/18/2023 at 7:02 PM, ForJimmy said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-draft-scoot-henderson-says-he-can-play-with-lamelo-ball-or-damian-lillard-im-not-crazy-ball-dominant/

Scoot said he can work with Melo. Either way our guards should be set and we might have a guy at center as well. PJ will be better especially with two guards who are elite passers. We might have a decent starting lineup. We need a coach over everything else now. I hope Jordan sells off his majority and the new group decides to fire Clifford.

So close to a decent starting lineup. Basically short a small forward if Bridges is not resigned but PJ is.  I feel like we can find a wing with that second 1st rounder. 

1 hour ago, Ship said:

Miller can get fuged. The bullshit with the gun did it for me but then he is invisible in the tournament. Can't have that with a team of guys who can't win a play-in game. He's not an alpha and if he's a Paul George? That sucks because George is an empty All-Star. Does nothing for us.

Some people here are sold on size and we can’t change anyone’s mind.  Scoot is much better for so many reasons but these folks can’t see it

12 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

So close to a decent starting lineup. Basically short a small forward if Bridges is not resigned but PJ is.  I feel like we can find a wing with that second 1st rounder. 

We just went through the Bridges fiasco and now we pick a dude involved with a firearm that killed someone?  That is what we are doing here?  Jesus

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Some people here are sold on size and we can’t change anyone’s mind.  Scoot is much better for so many reasons but these folks can’t see it

Scoot is talented but you looking at a Westbrook clone.

Those type of players don't play winning basketball. Like I said im fine with Scoot but im not sold on the fit with Melo.

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

We just went through the Bridges fiasco and now we pick a dude involved with a firearm that killed someone?  That is what we are doing here?  Jesus

The lineup they were referring to was Melo, Scoot, PJ, and Williams. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

The lineup they were referring to was Melo, Scoot, PJ, and Williams. 

And a rookie or since we stuck with Hayward for one more year he fits. Good looking out. Reading is fundamental and some folks on here nearly illiterate. 

Edited by mickeye76
Auto correct
  • Pie 1

16 hours ago, Ship said:

What did Scoots team win again??

https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/teams/GLI/2023.html

Edited by WOW!!

14 hours ago, Shocker said:

It’s the nba what do you expect.. What exactly do you think makes Wembey a Generational talent..

• Flames 1

Just in case people forgot Miller was involved in a murder case in which he brought his friend a gun he asked for. Little did he know his friend was going to tarnish his reputation for his actions. Now Miller is the scapegoat for his friend murder and the other guy gets to hide in prison while Miller takes the blame for the rest of his life. Cruel world!

I know this has been mentioned on just about every page. But I thought I would remind people again in case they forgot... 

Now can we talk about basketball now? 

• Beer 1

I get the upside with scoot somewhat, but he avg 16ppg on 43% fg and 28% 3pt in the g league. I dont see how you draft that over Miller. Yea he's athletic and can drive but i dont see the finishing translating to the NBA based on his g league showcase and stats. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, carpanfan96 said:

I get the upside with scoot somewhat, but he avg 16ppg on 43% fg and 28% 3pt in the g league. I dont see how you draft that over Miller. Yea he's athletic and can drive but i dont see the finishing translating to the NBA based on his g league showcase and stats. 

I look at it 2 ways judging these players on their pro comps...

Do you want Russell Westbrook or Paul George?

Miller plays both sides of the ball. Even in his interview I posted he mentioned playing defense several times. That kind of 2 way wing is important in today's NBA.

No doubt Scoot is a more dynamic athlete, but those guys don't win in the playoffs. Scoot is just another Ja/Westbrook/Rose/Wall kind of pg.

Are we trying to win games or sell tickets?

• Pie 2