• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Panthers Game 3 ECF 8pm

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Interesting? Guess they are bored before game time?

Perhaps. Interesting to hear their perspectives. The thinking is this one won’t go to OT and Mike says he expects an empty net goal kind of game and Canes need to get on the board first (of course).

5 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Perhaps. Interesting to hear their perspectives. The thinking is this one won’t go to OT and Mike says he expects an empty net goal kind of game and Canes need to get on the board first (of course).

I’m assuming cause last change matchups. We need to score often is the critical part. 

6 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’m assuming cause last change matchups. We need to score often is the critical part. 

Yep, they talked about needing rotation movement on the PP and having guys in front of Bobs eyes on shot attempts to blind him and put in rebounds.

53 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I hope the Canes get this thing back on track. I have a very long post Im going to make if we lose in the ECF concerning Waddell if we dont. He talked big, we better win it all.

I don't think this is a blow up everything event. We were missing some extremely key pieces and like it or not, we still don't have an elite goalie. 

Bobrovsky has been the difference, without a question. Our margins are smaller against FL and he is playing elite, which he has been capable of in his career.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think this is a blow up everything event. We were missing some extremely key pieces and like it or not, we still don't have an elite goalie. 

Bobrovsky has been the difference, without a question. Our margins are smaller against FL and he is playing elite, which he has been capable of in his career.

Yep. Though I will admit on face value I was not thrilled with the Max move(we should have pulled a kucherov with him in this instance). There was plenty of other scheme players out there that weren’t temporarily crippled. Everyone expects us to get a big scorer and that will fix everything. In rods scheme it won’t. We don’t rely on 1-2 guys, Rod is a by committee guy. Most likely a big score would come in here and his numbers would drop substantially because he’d be expected to do a lot more than score. That’s just a truth. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Yep. Though I will admit on face value I was not thrilled with the Max move. There was plenty of other scheme players out there that weren’t temporarily crippled. Everyone expects us to get a big scorer and that will fix everything. In rods scheme it won’t. We don’t rely on 1-2 guys, Rod is a by committee guy. Most likely a big score would come in here and his numbers would drop substantially because he’d be expected to do a lot more than score. That’s just a truth. 

To be fair to Max, he wasn’t hurt when the trade was made. He tore his Achilles during a summer skate. I will say that he is injury prone though.

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Interesting line rushes in warm ups.

Noesen - Aho - Jarvis

MacEachern - Kotkaniemi - Teravainen

Drury - Staal - Necas

Martinook - Stastny - Fast

Those are weird as fug. But considering we don’t get last change it makes sense, especially the 4 line. I would still drop Jarvis to 2 and TT up to Aho to generate offense though.  

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Yep. Though I will admit on face value I was not thrilled with the Max move(we should have pulled a kucherov with him in this instance). There was plenty of other scheme players out there that weren’t temporarily crippled. Everyone expects us to get a big scorer and that will fix everything. In rods scheme it won’t. We don’t rely on 1-2 guys, Rod is a by committee guy. Most likely a big score would come in here and his numbers would drop substantially because he’d be expected to do a lot more than score. That’s just a truth. 

yeah aho would be a 90-100 point player on other teams. speaking oh him, calling his azz out tonight. let's go buckaroo - need you to score some goals tonight. 

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

To be fair to Max, he wasn’t hurt when the trade was made. He tore his Achilles during a summer skate. I will say that he is injury prone though.

I’m not saying anything against max. Just saying I don’t think his trade was all that it should be from a GM perspective. We basically paid Vegas 7M+tips for an aging guy to fix their cap issue. It was reactionary on wadells part. 

Edited by Harbingers