• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Only thing I’ll say about the back and forths last night(this series in general). I’ve seen a lot of hate for Skjei. Y’all are fuging out of your minds with that. The dude is one of the 3 reasons we have had the best defense in the league for the past 4 seasons. His partner one of the other 3 reasons we’ve had the the best defense in the league for the past 4 seasons, has been more suspect these playoffs, but Pesce is obviously playing with a major injury. Just like Stall. You can tell by their movements neither is close to full capacity. 

Oh and I don’t mean banged up, everyone is bruised and banged up. I mean fighting through a real potential injury.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Florida took out Boston and is playing ridiculous defense right now and will probably win the Cup.  Not over yet by any means but everything is falling their way

Of all the teams I didn't want to play it was Florida. 

The way they came back against Boston and then took Toronto and now us out back behind the shed, I knew they would pose a huge challenge.  They were the worst match up left for us and here we are.

I give them credit, they have the neutral zone defended well and have been really good keeping us outside when we do gain the zone.  Bob is out of his mind right now and we aren't getting any kind of breaks as far as posts or fluke goals.  Still think we gotta throw everything remotely at Bob and have net front presence.

Oh and for the love of he who is good and kind, please stop making cross ice passes unless they are available.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

The way they came back against Boston and then took Toronto and now us out back behind the shed, I knew they would pose a huge challenge.  They were the worst match up left for us and here we are.

I give them credit, they have the neutral zone defended well and have been really good keeping us outside when we do gain the zone.  Bob is out of his mind right now and we aren't getting any kind of breaks as far as posts or fluke goals.  Still think we gotta throw everything remotely at Bob and have net front presence.

Oh and for the love of he who is good and kind, please stop making cross ice passes unless they are available.

This Florida team reminds me of some old NJ Devils teams that just dominated defending and had a G you just couldn’t beat.  These guys are grinders and Rod has to appreciate that even at his own expense.  They have faced multiple OT games in these playoffs and not sure they have lost yet.  They are feeling invincible in these close situations 

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Davis said:

I wanted to avoid goalies that had or were playing elite. Bobrovsky, Oettinger and Shitsterkin were the ones that concerned me.

I had zero fear of Boston's goalies. I knew that was BS.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I wanted to avoid goalies that had or were playing elite. Bobrovsky, Oettinger and Shitsterkin were the ones that concerned me.

I had zero fear of Boston's goalies. I knew that was BS.

Vegas stole Oettingers lunch money with 3 goals in the first 7:10 minutes so he was replaced with Wedgwood. So yah a good goalie can be beat. Canes need to steal Bobrovsky’s lunch money Weds night. 

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, DavidEng said:

Vegas stole Oettingers lunch money with 3 goals in the first 7:10 minutes so he was replaced with Wedgwood. So yah a good goalie can be beat. Canes need to steal Bobrovsky’s lunch money Weds night. 

They can be beat but once you get one of those elite tier guys on a heater(like Bob is) it's almost impossible. 

It may not last forever but it doesn't have to last that long in the playoffs. You only need a few wins.

We just happened to get Bobrovsky in stone wall mode. It sucks but it is what it is.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

They can be beat but once you get one of those elite tier guys on a heater(like Bob is) it's almost impossible. 

It may not last forever but it doesn't have to last that long in the playoffs. You only need a few wins.

We just happened to get Bobrovsky in stone wall mode. It sucks but it is what it is.

You are forgetting besides the playoff we are the best team at beating heaters. I just hope Rod runs full offense lines tonight and trusts our D and Freddie. I expect a big night from Fasty, Aho and Necas(shudder). This team is not going to quit. 

• Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

You are forgetting besides the playoff we are the best team at beating heaters. I just hope Rod runs full offense lines tonight and trusts our D and Freddie. I expect a big night from Fasty, Aho and Necas(shudder). This team is not going to quit. 

The team hasn't quit the whole time in this series(they did against the NYI in the loss there). 

But out working the opponent hasn't helped so far. I think the biggest thing we need is just some better puck luck. I really believe that. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The team hasn't quit the whole time in this series(they did against the NYI in the loss there). 

But out working the opponent hasn't helped so far. I think the biggest thing we need is just some better puck luck. I really believe that. 

Rod needs to take a collar off. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1