• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Panthers ECF Game 4

42 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Fug PK Subban!!!

Good on Tripp for calling him out!

I'm honestly surprised anybody even listens to that loser (PK). I figured he was completely irrelevant and just living under a rock somewhere, but I guess not.

And honestly, it's pretty crazy he would say that when he had to be one of the whiniest defensemen I've seen in the 20ish years I've followed hockey. Then again, he may not have any braincells left because he got destroyed on hits a lot of times in his career.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Glad Slavin said he’s ok. The fact he was allowed to talk to media surprises me that he didn’t come back out. I guess they just wanted to be ultra sure he doesn’t have lingering concussions symptoms. 

I don’t think he was concussed. He seemed to know where he was and what he was doing, his body just seemed to give out. 

8 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I don't think many people are going to watch it period (no matter which of the 4 teams made it). No big name players, no big markets. This is definitely a year I would ask for a refund for any network broadcasters(TNT/ESPN) and advertisers that ponied up money to host or be aired during it because the viewership ratings are going to be really ugly.

It sucks to be this close and lose, but it is what it is. If we win the Stanley Cup, awesome and I'll be cheering as loud as possible. If we lose, it just means I've freed up time from having to watch sports and actually do something productive.

I have no horse in this race or team I’d like to see win. I was going to watch just to see Vegas stomp chuckys face in but after that no call, I’m done. 

Teams over the years that I’ve rooted or would be willing to cheer for in a cup.

Canes > Vancouver > Philly(I dunno why cause when we play them I hate them but I think the fact they mashed Washington’s face in during the playoff series a decade ago…) > Colorado(more so the Colorado of the 90’s/Early 2000’s I don’t like this current team) > Red Wings > Seattle(gotta love that uni)

8 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Fug PK Subban!!!

Good on Tripp for calling him out!

Also agreed. I almost started to like PK at the desk during the regular season. He sucked during the playoffs. But this, this is fuging disgusting. You want to post it up and explain why it’s a clean hit. Ok totally fine, it’s textbook and a good teaching moment for younger generations on why keeping your head up even when you are exhausted is important. 

But to say a player got sent into next week, when he clearly had major head trauma is just below most people. 

Also the Florida crowd cheering when he fell again was absolutely disgusting. The crowds these games have just been absolute garbage. Toronto and Texas throwing poo on the ice. Florida cheering slavin’s injury. Florida throwing rats, which 20 years ago the NHL said would draw a major fine/penalty/disqualification. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

Actually after extensively rewatching it I don’t think that should be called clean(it currently is now) Bennett definitely was targeting head to head contact even though his shoulder went through the body. He was willing to risk himself just to take Slavin out. 

• Pie 1

I will say that’s one of the best handshake lines I’ve seen in a long time. There is no love lost, but a ton of love given between these two teams. (Chunky and little chucky excluded). Even Lomberg surprised me. 

Edited by Harbingers

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Actually after extensively rewatching it I don’t think that should be called clean(it currently is now) Bennett definitely was targeting head to head contact even though his shoulder went through the body. He was willing to risk himself just to take Slavin out. 

The purpose of the hit was to take Slavin out. A D-man playing the puck from behind the net is of little concern to anyone and, let's get real here, not many players line someone up for a shot like that behind the net. So, yes, in that regard, it was intentional, it was meant to injure and there's no explaining it away as "playoff hockey." 

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Oh well. Florida is going to get their cup. Good on the other two remaining Staal bros. And fug the NHL. 

I don't think so.

Go about it with the mentality that removing Tkachuk from the equation ensures a better outcome and Vegas will triumph. Just take out Cheap-Shot Chuck.