• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddles Projections

shaq

I want to see what the Huddles expectations are for next season. So let me pose three questions for yall to answer!

What is our best case scenario next season?

What is our worst case scenario next season?

Where do we most likely finish in our division?

Edited by shaq

Love the optimism but damn, 14-3?

I’d go with:

Likely - 8-9

Best Case - 12-5 (+4)

Worst Case - 4-13 (-4)

I do think we have a not so hard schedule so I think 9-8 is more likely than 7-10, but not by a ton.

I do think in the optimistic crowd that we aren’t factoring in any injuries. I think we had a pretty healthy year last year. If we lost two starting OL in week 4, that would have hurt rather than the last week. With our depth, injuries could be a huge impact.

Edited by WhoKnows
  • Poo 1

20 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Love the optimism but damn, 14-3?

I’d go with:

Likely - 8-9

Best Case - 12-5 (+4)

Worst Case - 4-13 (-4)

I do think we have a not so hard schedule so I think 9-8 is more likely than 7-10, but not by a ton.

I do think in the optimistic crowd that we aren’t factoring in any injuries. I think we had a pretty healthy year last year. If we lost two starting OL in week 4, that would have hurt rather than the last week. With our depth, injuries could be a huge impact.

It's a shame that we're the only ones likely to be affected by injuries.

3 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

You do understand what a "best case scenario" means, right?

Yes, and 14-3 as a ceiling is best team in the NFL. I think that’s beyond the actual team’s best case. Just my opinion, which you are welcome to have as well.

29 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Yes, and 14-3 as a ceiling is best team in the NFL. I think that’s beyond the actual team’s best case. Just my opinion, which you are welcome to have as well.

Nah. It's not necessarily best team in the NFL. It's a team who outperforms anyone's expectations and has almost no injuries, while playing one of the easiest schedules in the league. 

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

It's a shame that we're the only ones likely to be affected by injuries.

SMH. Would you say SF had more injuries than we did last year? Would you say our OL in 2015 was healthier than 2016. Yes, every team has injuries, but we were pretty healthy across the board. I’m just saying that that tends to regress to the mean. Look at Corbett still being out, that’s already worse than last year for the OL.

7 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Nah. It's not necessarily best team in the NFL. It's a team who outperforms anyone's expectations and has almost no injuries, while playing one of the easiest schedules in the league. 

14 wins is the most in the league since our 15 wins in 2015. In the past 7 years, 13 or 14 wins has been the highest win total of any team, even in the past couple of 17 game seasons. 14-3 is actually saying the team would be the best in the league or at least tied for the best record. Again, not a problem if we disagree, I just don’t think this team’s ceiling is the best record in the league.

50 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

SMH. Would you say SF had more injuries than we did last year? Would you say our OL in 2015 was healthier than 2016. Yes, every team has injuries, but we were pretty healthy across the board. I’m just saying that that tends to regress to the mean. Look at Corbett still being out, that’s already worse than last year for the OL.

Go ahead and shake your head.

I'm just saying you shouldn't bank on injuries. Expecting us to not do well because we'll get hurt?

This is where I shake my head and facepalm.