• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton + Antonio Brown = ?????

GRWatcher

https://catcrave.com/posts/cam-newton-given-unlikely-route-resurrect-football-career

Antonio Brown offers Cam Newton a National Arena League opportunity

However, all hope is not lost for Newton. And if he's willing, there could be an unlikely avenue to resurrect his professional career in the not-too-distant future.

After controversial wide receiver and Albany Empire owner Antonio Brown announced via NewsChannel 13’s Rodger Wyland that he was planning to play for the National Arena League team, attention reached levels not seen in some time. But the seven-time Pro Bowler and four-time All-Pro selection also revealed that he has been in contact with Newton about joining the organization in some capacity.

36 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Hopefully he told Antonio to shove it up his ***. Cam should still at least be a backup in the NFL. He is good enough to be a backup. If some of our other QB's the past couple years still have jobs at lest as backups then he should too.

Cam doesn't need the money so there is literally zero reason for Cam to play anywhere other than the NFL.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If that was the case, he could certainly have taken veteran minimum deals in the NFL prior to now.

The odds of this being a legit story are pretty minimal. 

I don't think he could get a starting gig in the NFL right now.  His arm is shot.  If he wanted to start, arena or xfl would probably be his only shot. That being said, I doubt Cam would actually take the job. 

I think the story could be legit in that Brown contacted Newton.  

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Cam doesn't need the money so there is literally zero reason for Cam to play anywhere other than the NFL.

Considering how Antonio at one point was refusing to pay his players and coaching staff, it would probably be good for anyone joining that team to be independently wealthy.

Sheesh, someone needs to get Antonion Brown some serious mental health assistance.

3 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I don't think he could get a starting gig in the NFL right now.  His arm is shot.  If he wanted to start, arena or xfl would probably be his only shot. That being said, I doubt Cam would actually take the job. 

I think the story could be legit in that Brown contacted Newton.  

He already said last season he would come in as a backup but IIRC he wanted to be on a contending team. It makes sense. What reason does he have to come back other than chase a ring?