• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Off-Season Thread

20 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Oh, wtf....

image.thumb.png.b212cde1ecbd0c8525b4aaa8996b5dea.png

image.thumb.png.0f1a600f6d2d50b2b125f36e23abfad8.png

This does nothing for Carolina. As a matter of fact, it's subtraction by addition. The guy is a penalty machine (484 PIM in 275 games).

I don't fugging understand this move at all except to say, are the Canes now playing guys to be healthy scratches every game? I wouldn't let this guy on the ice between periods, let alone when the game is in the balance. May as well have kept Stastny or Stepan.

Waddell better not think we have added enough. We are a little better than our last game, but we still need goal scorers. We MIGHT be able to get to the final with this group if they were here in the Conference Final, but I dont see them beating out Vegas. We were not a couple big guy, hard hitters away from the Cup. Our scoring was the issue.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Oh, he played for the rags. That explains it. 

I hate to say it but I don’t think we are bringing in TDA or Ek. Actually I don’t Pesce is better than either of them. This signing is baffling though. Why bring one of the dirtiest players in hockey to a not dirty team?

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Oh, and if you're not familiar with Brendan Lemieux, just You Tube him and watch all of his fights, cheap shots included.

Never thought I'd see the day the Canes would sign someone with that rep and style of play.

This one is weird as fug for us and not exactly what I want on L4 but… between svech and him & orlov some people gonna get a smooshed nose coming out of PNC this year,

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’m in the minority but I like this move.

You pay $800K for a guy to sit in the press box and protect your star players when need be.

It also gives the other team something to think about knowing the Canes now have a goon.

Haha I thought the true goon era was over. Maybe not. Aho was definitely targeted in the playoffs, might not be a bad idea for a guy who can apply rules rhar the officials don’t seem to enforce m.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Oh, and if you're not familiar with Brendan Lemieux, just You Tube him and watch all of his fights, cheap shots included.

Never thought I'd see the day the Canes would sign someone with that rep and style of play.

Just watched the videos, yep some cheap shots to the head, and he bit Tkachuck and got a 5 game suspension for that lol.

But he is a bonafide goon too, dropping them gloves on Wilson, Gudas and a bunch of others. Definitely your throwback enforcer who goes in to pay back targeting of Aho or other and then walks to the dressing room on a major lol. He does have some skills though and decent shot.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I hate to say it but I don’t think we are bringing in TDA or Ek. Actually I don’t Pesce is better than either of them. This signing is baffling though. Why bring one of the dirtiest players in hockey to a not dirty team?

Tda trade is on hold because canes are 100% in for EK. Think they backed off Tarasenko too because of the agent switch. 

1 hour ago, carpanfan96 said:

Tda trade is on hold because canes are 100% in for EK. Think they backed off Tarasenko too because of the agent switch. 

I'm not sure about that one. I haven't done the math, but I don't thing the cap space isn't there, even with 35% being retained. A Pesce trade would have to get done or be involved as part of a 3-team deal. The Canes only have $2.5M to spend without a Pesce trade. 

And, I'll admit, I'm still believing a winger is the better move here, not another right-handed defenseman.

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'm not sure about that one. I haven't done the math, but I don't thing the cap space isn't there, even with 35% being retained. A Pesce trade would have to get done or be involved as part of a 3-team deal. The Canes only have $2.5M to spend without a Pesce trade. 

And, I'll admit, I'm still believing a winger is the better move here, not another right-handed defenseman.

They trade Pesce and Drury for EK at 35% retained.  7.5 cap space for a 7.45 hit. Add a third team to retain extra and easily fits in the cap space.  

• Pie 1