• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Off-Season Thread

On 8/16/2023 at 6:07 PM, Panthers Fan 69 said:

We are fans and giving the answers. I don’t know, I feel like something big is coming…a trade, something. Waddell gets a bad rap but he knows we need a forward and have a surplus of defensemen.  Ideally we make a move before camp. 

I am anxious to see what happens.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

He is a PTO. I look at it as Don ineptly trying to put pressure on skjei/Pesce. But the dudes realize they are high dollar. Or we have unknown major injuries on defense. That’s the big concern for me. 

If Beaulieu is Don’s idea of putting pressure on Skjei/Pesce then we are fugged.

Walt came out and said that we need around 12 defensemen available for the preseason so hopefully this PTO is nothing more than helping us get to 12.

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

If Beaulieu is Don’s idea of putting pressure on Skjei/Pesce then we are fugged.

Walt came out and said that we need around 12 defensemen available for the preseason so hopefully this PTO is nothing more than helping us get to 12.

Like I said… I’m worried we have major injuries on D that haven’t been discussed yet. Hopefully this is just a TC scheme… but. 

• Pie 1

Makes zero sense.

If there are no extension talks with Skjei and/or Pesce, the reality is this works in favor of the Canes for the upcoming season. Both will be playing for big free agent money and their performance on the ice this season will have plenty of GMs watching. Short-sighted thinking, I know, but it is what it is.

I've come to accept that neither will be here after this coming season.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 2

On 8/22/2023 at 8:57 AM, Anybodyhome said:

Makes zero sense.

If there are no extension talks with Skjei and/or Pesce, the reality is this works in favor of the Canes for the upcoming season. Both will be playing for big free agent money and their performance on the ice this season will have plenty of GMs watching. Short-sighted thinking, I know, but it is what it is.

I think we retain one. Which one is the question. I’d prefer Pesce. As much as I like Skjei too we have loaded up on “offensive defensemen” if we lose Pesce we in essence only have Slavin left in the true defense category. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

On 8/22/2023 at 8:57 AM, Anybodyhome said:

Makes zero sense.

I doubt they will come cheap.

• Pie 2

Perlini never became what Arizona or the scouts thought he would be.  Another bigger forward who didn't get to the dirty areas to clean up the loose change.

Best season was in 17-18 where he had 30 pts. (17g, 13a).  Also, played more games that season than any other.

Eh, guess it's fine to see what he can do.

Conacher is 5'8" and hasn't played in the NHL since 19-20.  I would say he's a much longer shot.

• Pie 3