• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Deangelo

9 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

What the fug 

Pesce gone. Skjei bumped up, Tony in Skjei's old shoes.

Only thing I can think. He's a known, and though he's not great, we know we can win playoff games with him on the ice.

That said....please no. Lol. 

Edit: I say bumped up for Skjei as in "seen as our 3rd dman. He's still a second pair but our 3rd pairing is too cohesive and we need that guy who can get plugged the way we did Skjei 

Edited by lightsout
  • Pie 1

Not sure this has anything to do with Pesce especially since Philly is retaining 50%. Remember, Tony D is a righty and the only player that really played their off side at any point last year was Chatfield. There’s no way our organization sees him as a top four defenseman.

I think we could see a defensive unit of:

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

Chatfield - DeAngelo

DeAngelo was great on our PP and the organization probably wants him back to jump start it again.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Not sure that Pesce won’t be traded at some point.

Unlikely, the retention makes it very likely that Pesce will be back. If the Canes took TDA’s full cap hit then I’d be concerned but the Canes are just going back to what they know works on the PP and that’s Tony D.

It’ll be:

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

Chatfield - DeAngelo

Another reason I’ll guarantee this has nothing to do with Pesce is because Tony D only has one year left on his contract.

The Canes aren’t foolish enough to move Pesce and replace him with a guy who’s in the same situation he’s in.

Tony D is a quick fix for our PP, take it to the bank.

The defense will be:

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

Chatfield - DeAngelo

Ghosts cap hit to play on the bottom pairing was $4.5M, TDA’s will be half that at $2.5M.

• Pie 1

Ok, theoretically, let's just say Peace isn't going anywhere. Let's say we give him his payday and Aho waits out for his money next off-season.

How much of our available money gets tied up in the Peace deal? Because there's no chance he's taking a cut, at least I wouldn't think. At best he'd eat it all up, we're moving SOMEBODY. So what is the play?

10 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Ok, theoretically, let's just say Peace isn't going anywhere. Let's say we give him his payday and Aho waits out for his money next off-season.

How much of our available money gets tied up in the Peace deal? Because there's no chance he's taking a cut, at least I wouldn't think. At best he'd eat it all up, we're moving SOMEBODY. So what is the play?

We have a poo ton of available money.

With Staal’s and Tony D’s contracts factored in, we have right around $21M in space.

Throw Pesce in there at $5M and we are down to $16M.

Svechnikov - Aho - ???

Teravainen - Kotkaniemi - Necas

Martinook - Staal - ???

Noesen - Drury - Jarvis

Rees

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

Chatfield - DeAngelo

???

???

I’d factor in

$2M for the backup goalie

$4M for the starter

$3M for the 3LW

$7M for the 1RW

11 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Not sure this has anything to do with Pesce especially since Philly is retaining 50%. Remember, Tony D is a righty and the only player that really played their off side at any point last year was Chatfield. There’s no way our organization sees him as a top four defenseman.

I think we could see a defensive unit of:

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

Chatfield - DeAngelo

DeAngelo was great on our PP and the organization probably wants him back to jump start it again.

2 right-handers on the third pair?

I thought it might be a move to plug the Ghost hole, but it also means you only have 2 left-hands on the blue line.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 1