• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes Sign Michael Bunting

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Agreed, if we get Karlsson then I think one of them is included in the deal for cap purposes and maybe we get Karlsson and some picks.

The other gets traded for a top six forward or for picks and we use that open cap space to go get someone like Killorn in FA.

I am excite, I hope we are smart with this.

• Pie 1

I'm excited, I said the only thing we was missing was grit and some aggressive hockey players and they went out and got some. 1 to pair with Staal and another to help replace the 2nd line d. Also likely adding TDA as well. PP should be much better just from that and they definitely not done. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just reviewed Michael Bunting stats for 2022-2023, compared to Canes forwards stats a little closer. He would have placed 4th in points from the forwards, not bad but not huge numbers at 49 points and 7 PPG.

To me this is who the Canes see as our scoring forward scoring addition if we are going after Killorn on defense (who is a scoring threat as well). thus no big time forward scorer. Will that be enough for a real cup run?

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Just reviewed Michael Bunting stats for 2022-2023, compared to Canes forwards stats a little closer. He would have placed 4th in points from the forwards, not bad but not huge numbers at 49 points and 7 PPG.

To me this is who the Canes see as our scoring forward scoring addition if we are going after Killorn on defense (who is a scoring threat as well). thus no big time forward scorer. Will that be enough for a real cup run?

I actually think this is Nino’s replacement. We tried to sign Marchment last year and it didn’t work out, Bunting is a very similar player.

The Canes brought in Patches to be their 30 goal scorer last year and it didn’t work out. I personally think there is another move for a top six forward.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I actually think this is Nino’s replacement. We tried to sign Marchment last year and it didn’t work out, Bunting is a very similar player.

The Canes brought in Patches to be their 30 goal scorer last year and it didn’t work out. I personally think there is another move for a top six forward.

They've got to move either pesce or skjei if they still getting TDA. 

10 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Which begs the question do we put him 2-3 or 4? I’d play him 4 with Noesen and Drury/Pono and make our 4 line a lethal threat we haven’t had in a long time. Let Marty man, Staal and Fasty play the de facto shut down and pick up a forward at the deadline. 

Screw moving the second line. Put Orlov with chatty on three and play more balanced minutes. We can have a lot more balance and rotation like that. Bring TDA back as the 7D and we can push Orlov up as people get banged up. 

Honestly, in my opinion this whole situation looks negatively on Don. This may be rods last year as coach here. Let him get it done with his guys with a few additions. 

Of course this is all said with the knowledge rod has no issues shaking lines up that start to streak. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

They've got to move either pesce or skjei if they still getting TDA. 

No we have just enough to get TDA. Which means going to the well again. Which I think we should. Get Pono up on four. It’s time. Our well is so fuging deep we need to start utilizing it early season to get these kids experience. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

No we have just enough to get TDA. Which means going to the well again. Which I think we should. Get Pono up on four. It’s time. Our well is so fuging deep we need to start utilizing it early season to get these kids experience. 

We aren’t going into games with all of these defenseman lol and TDA isn’t coming in to be a 7th defenseman.

We have Slavin, Burns, Skjei, Pesce, Orlov, Chatfield, and potentially TDA.

For starters, Orlov isn’t playing on the bottom pairing for $7.75AAV and TDA isn’t going to be the 7th defenseman.

With the Orlov signing, Skjei is definitely getting moved for a forward and and if the Canes get Karlsson then Pesce is headed out too.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1