• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor - Canes Adding Tarasenko

5 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Hope this is true. Has to be the most talented team in franchise history and maybe on paper the best team in the league, which we were close to being anyway. Sucks we have to play in the Metro.

Shoot I love it. Iron sharpens iron   Can’t wait for canes hockey to start! 

I do find it odd that a lot of Canes fans on Reddit and HFBoards think that Teravainen will get traded because of this.

I personally don’t; his value is at all all-time low and it’s not like our organization to sell players at low prices. Now if we’re at the trade deadline and we have no intention of resigning him, I could see us trading him and then upgrading on him but I don’t think he’ll be traded any time in the near future.

I still think a healthy Canes team (Tarasenko included) would like something like this:

Bunting - Aho - Tarasenko

Svechnikov - Kotkaniemi - Necas

Teravainen - Staal - Fast

Noesen - Martinook - Jarvis

Drury

I don’t quite understand why people want to ship out offense when we didn’t have enough of it last year. Maybe the majority of the fanbase is looking at capfriendly incorrectly but as long as the the Tank deal is 5,250,000 or less then we can fit him in.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

I think this tweet sums up the decision Tarasenko has to make. Likely Ottawa has a better offer and maybe longer term vs going with the Canes and a chance at the cup.

No offense to that guy but he’s probably wrong. Tarasenko is probably getting a similar offer from both teams. The problem with Ottawa is that they have a ton of money tied up that’s not on capfriendly, and that’s DeBrincat’s $9M QO. They are trying to trade him but no one wants him for what he’s asking for. If it comes down to it, Ottawa will have to renounce the QO that they presented him with or just have him sign it. If DeBrincat signs that QO then their money is gone.

• Pie 1

With regards to Tarasenko, Ottawa definitely has more money and term on the table.  As the tweet shared above said it's probably a decision about wanting to go to a contender or the $$$. 

I also think he might also want to bet on himself with the Canes with less $ on a 1 year deal and have a "bounce back" year for next year when the cap rises and he can turn that into more $$ with term.

Just a thought.

If we are still in on Karlsson, Pesce will have to be moved along with some prospects and a 3rd team (Chicago) will have to be involved to retain salary.  I still don't think it's the right move, but losing Pesce for nothing isn't palatable either.

I don't think Turbo is being traded, as someone said his value is low right now but when he's playing well he is worth more to us than some picks.  He just needs to stay healthy (I know, I know).  He sees the ice so well and has a hell of a shot which he needs to use more.

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

No offense to that guy but he’s probably wrong. Tarasenko is probably getting a similar offer from both teams. The problem with Ottawa is that they have a ton of money tied up that’s not on capfriendly, and that’s DeBrincat’s $9M QO. They are trying to trade him but no one wants him for what he’s asking for. If it comes down to it, Ottawa will have to renounce the QO that they presented him with or just have him sign it. If DeBrincat signs that QO then their money is gone.

Agreed on the trade but not the money part. I said somewhere that the delay may be to see if Ottawa is able to trade DeBrinkat. Times running out I’m sure. Have little doubt the wait is because the Sens offer is bigger.

Edited by DavidEng
  • Pie 1

Just now, Rocky Davis said:

With regards to Tarasenko, Ottawa definitely has more money and term on the table.  As the tweet shared above said it's probably a decision about wanting to go to a contender or the $$$. 

I also think he might also want to bet on himself with the Canes with less $ on a 1 year deal and have a "bounce back" year for next year when the cap rises and he can turn that into more $$ with term.

Just a thought.

If we are still in on Karlsson, Pesce will have to be moved along with some prospects and a 3rd team (Chicago) will have to be involved to retain salary.  I still don't think it's the right move, but losing Pesce for nothing isn't palatable either.

I don't think Turbo is being traded, as someone said his value is low right now but when he's playing well he is worth more to us than some picks.  He just needs to stay healthy (I know, I know).  He sees the ice so well and has a hell of a shot which he needs to use more.

Ottawa can only put more money on the table after the DeBrincat situation is figured out. If they sign Tarasenko to like a $7M deal then that guarantees DeBrincat is gone and they’ve lost all leverage. At that point they are giving him away.

I do agree that they are probably providing more term.

• Pie 1

Just now, DavidEng said:

Agreed. I said somewhere that the delay may be to see if Ottawa is able to trade DeBrinkat. Times running out I’m sure.

So that I agree with. If they can’t trade him then they either have to lose him for free basically but at that point they can sign Tank to much more than we could.

• Pie 1