• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone ever own a jersey of an infamous player?

On 7/7/2023 at 3:02 PM, panthers55 said:

I had a Kerry Collins jersey but I burned it. I have a Kelvin Benjamin jersey and a signed Dwayne Jarrett because I thought they might be good. Had my D'Angelo Williams one but the way he left I burned it too.   

Lol I still have my D-Will mostly because we have the same surname 

I had a Keyshawn jersey. I still remember the fanfare from that signing with folks having such high hopes. But in the grand scheme of things he's one of the more tame Panthers failures compared to what we've seen in the last decade.

Honestly, there are very few jerseys I'd truly be ashamed to own. I mean, if a guys busts am I really I really ashamed to own the jersey? The guys who come to mind off the top of my head are Carruth (obvious), Collins (racist), and KB. Might be a little harsh to put KB on that list but him quitting on that route leading to an INT then not even bothering to try to make a tackle led to Cam's initial shoulder injury then he went on to throw shade at Cam after he was traded when Cam had never publicly said a negative word about the guy. He was dead to me as a Panther after that. I'm on the fence about DeAngelo. I want to believe he changed after his mom unfortunately passed far too early but there's a decent amount of evidence that he was always that guy and maybe his mom just helped keep it in check. I guess if I was being completely fair I could say the same about KB.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, there are very few jerseys I'd truly be ashamed to own. I mean, if a guys busts am I really I really ashamed to own the jersey? The guys who come to mind off the top of my head are Carruth (obvious), Collins (racist), and KB. Might be a little harsh to put KB on that list but him quitting on that route leading to an INT then not even bothering to try to make a tackle led to Cam's initial shoulder injury then he went on to throw shade at Cam after he was traded when Cam had never publicly said a negative word about the guy. He was dead to me as a Panther after that. I'm on the fence about DeAngelo. I want to believe he changed after his mom unfortunately passed far too early but there's a decent amount of evidence that he was always that guy and maybe his mom just helped keep it in check. I guess if I was being completely fair I could say the same about KB.

I would add Hardy to that list

• Pie 1