• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake Locker staying in School

scpanther22

I'm starting to lean towards sticking with Moore or signing a short-term contract with one of these scrub free agent quarterbacks that will be available and then waiting until 2011 to draft a quarterback high. Or we could do what I prefer and trade for Leinart.

If we're patient and wait for 2011, the crop of quarterbacks will include Locker, and (depending on declarations): Christian Ponder, Case Keenum, Jerrod Johnson, Pat Devlin, Terrelle Pryor, and Blaine Gabbert.

Actually, that's not a great crop of quarterbacks either. :( The potential franchise quarterbacks would be limited to Pryor, Locker, and Gabbert. The rest won't be first-rounders.

I don't really think it changes things. I think that teams are starting to learn not to "reach" for QBs. I actually think that a lot of teams are going to wait until the new CBA comes out to take QBs high (in 2011). It will make getting a "franchise" QB in the first round much cheaper.

I don't really think it changes things. I think that teams are starting to learn not to "reach" for QBs. I actually think that a lot of teams are going to wait until the new CBA comes out to take QBs high (in 2011). It will make getting a "franchise" QB in the first round much cheaper.

It makes all the other QB stock go up.IMO before this Bradford had a chance to slip but know no way he gets out of the first round.

I'm starting to lean towards sticking with Moore or signing a short-term contract with one of these scrub free agent quarterbacks that will be available and then waiting until 2011 to draft a quarterback high. Or we could do what I prefer and trade for Leinart.

If we're patient and wait for 2011, the crop of quarterbacks will include Locker, and (depending on declarations): Christian Ponder, Case Keenum, Jerrod Johnson, Pat Devlin, Terrelle Pryor, and Blaine Gabbert.

Actually, that's not a great crop of quarterbacks either. :( The potential franchise quarterbacks would be limited to Pryor, Locker, and Gabbert. The rest won't be first-rounders.

I like Jerrod Johnson.Good QB

It makes all the other QB stock go up.IMO before this Bradford had a chance to slip but know no way he gets out of the first round.

IDT Bradford was making out of the first round anyways. The same players we were looking at for the top of the second (Mallett and McCoy) will still be in play.

As far as Locker's decision...he's either a moron or has no intentions of ever playing in the NFL.

A) The risk of injury is so great to college players. Why not come out when you KNOW you are probably going #1 or at least in the top 5.

B) The new CBA agreement is pretty much going to ensure that he doesn't get paid nearly the kind of rookie money he would if he came out this year

C) He plays for Washington. Southern Cal had a down year but you better believe that they will be back to claim their Pac-10 title next year.

Just a stupid decision all around IF he ever plans on playing football. He might just decide to go to baseball where the careers are longer and the money is better.

IDT Bradford was making out of the first round anyways. The same players we were looking at for the top of the second (Mallett and McCoy) will still be in play.

As far as Locker's decision...he's either a moron or has no intentions of ever playing in the NFL.

A) The risk of injury is so great to college players. Why not come out when you KNOW you are probably going #1 or at least in the top 5.

B) The new CBA agreement is pretty much going to ensure that he doesn't get paid nearly the kind of rookie money he would if he came out this year

C) He plays for Washington. Southern Cal had a down year but you better believe that they will be back to claim their Pac-10 title next year.

Just a stupid decision all around IF he ever plans on playing football. He might just decide to go to baseball where the careers are longer and the money is better.

With locker staying a guy like Ryan Mallet will prob go in the 1st round now

what a bonehead call...i cant believe the people around him let him be talked into doing this. he was at the least a top 4 pick this season.while this might be good for washington its bad for the league. what it does is up the premium on qbs making it less possible we see pike or mallet in the second round. its bad for teams like tampa who were in a position to take the best prospect in the draft in suh. whats going to happen is a team that was gonna take a qb sees their is no longer value at thats spot behind clausen and will cause a team like the lions to grab suh instead. which forces each team to grab a prospect it wasnt planning on getting. its bad for him because of the bradford effect. whenever a qb projected to go that high returns to school it gives scouts more time to exam their game. scouts might find he s prone to make more mistakes or he gets hurt alot and his stock loses value. what happens if ohio states qb gets it together has a great season and proves to be the number 1 qb. alot of intresting possible out comes with ponder returning for school and prob mallet. i just dont see the logic,but i guess his thinking is cash isnt important.

I think next year is lost anyway. If Cowher does come in here it is going to take a while to get the people he wants like for the 3-4. I think his first year he wil lstill try to win but mainly get ready for 2011. The whole uncapped season is on the horizon. Regardless I am looking forward to it no matter what. Change is good.

Archived