• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Camp Position Battles

Santee_Panther

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

WR i still think Shi has great potential...  he started out hot last season and then after that big drop in that ine game early it was like his confidence crashed and he got the yips.  So i give him the edge over Byrd.  Yes, Byrd is a great weapon as a speed guy, but if Shi can play up to his potential that he showed in flashes last season, he reminds me of a young Emmanuel Sanders.

OG, Nash is gonna make it.

Edge, you left out Luvu.  I feel Barno is gonna make it.  Haven't heard much from him this TC but he showed a lot of promise in limited action last season and his athleticism is otherworldly.  I actually think he would make it over DJ at this point based off what we know from Barno and what has been reported about DJ so far.  And I would venture to say, both may actually make it over Haynes despite Haynes starting out higher on the depth chart because of age and draft pick investment.  Also, Leota and the other UDFA guy we signed at the end of last season whose name escapes me this second are making a lot of noise.

And CB, I still believe in Taylor and love Wright's potential.  I'm keeping them.  I always liked STO, but I think he has kind of reached his potential.

I was considering Luvu as an ILB, so didn’t mention him. Though I recognize he rushes a fair amount. 

1 hour ago, Santee_Panther said:

I was considering Luvu as an ILB, so didn’t mention him. Though I recognize he rushes a fair amount. 

Wow.  I thought they were keeping him on the outside.  But his build does seem better suited to inside, I just think his skillset is more accentuated as an outside guy though.

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Wow.  I thought they were keeping him on the outside.  But his build does seem better suited to inside, I just think his skillset is more accentuated as an outside guy though.

Especially in Evero's defense, where if he is going to blitz it's going to be with an ILB. Shaq is a really good blitzer, but Luvu is excellent at it.

I'm really, really hoping for a fun season.

• Pie 1

Based on the official depth chart, which is subject to change—

WR: Byrd was above Shi, of course injury could change that

OL: Mays and Jensen look like locks as 1/2 stingers. Zavala back in 3rd string, that injury hurting him. And we can only carry 9 active to start because Corbett has to be on the first roster even if he goes to IR. Surprised to see Jordan so high on chart.

Edge: Houston jumps to first string without having practiced! Surprised to see Leota back at 5th string, hopefully he continues to impress and move up. 

CB: Taylor and Thomas-Oliver seem to be the clear choice, with Wright way back at 4th string (Miller and Milton ahead of him).