• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Fowler's Notes from Panthers Training Camp

SaltAndPepper

58 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

The greater the demand the higher the price tag. Cheaper players are by definition more easily replaced. Arguing that someone can be replaced cheaper but not more easily defies widely known accepted rules of economics.

Yes but there is still a difference between being "easy" to replace and "able" to be replaced.  Burns would be difficult to replace but ultimately is replaceable for less.  It doesnt make it easy but it is doable, with Reddick being a prime example

That trade/non trade of Burns is a good debate. Those firsts from LA could have been gold.

At the same time we have Evero coming in with a new defense that promises, if successful, to maximize the impact of a Burns type player. 

I understand both viewpoints and probably fall on the side of keeping him only because of the current scenario. 

6 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

That trade/non trade of Burns is a good debate. Those firsts from LA could have been gold.

At the same time we have Evero coming in with a new defense that promises, if successful, to maximize the impact of a Burns type player. 

I understand both viewpoints and probably fall on the side of keeping him only because of the current scenario. 

Fools gold actually I have some aluminum ummm I mean white gold to sell you after work for a major discounted price lol. Trading Burns for unknowns at his age is just mental. I literally just heard Damien Woody just made a comment about the jets Oline getting handed yesterday. He said you know what we have to give Burns his credit he’s hands down one of the best pass rushers in the league he’s going to dominate a lot of tackles. We’re so blinded by unrealistic expectations we think he should put up 18 sacks a seasons or something. He’s only 25 primed and ready to dominate at his position he’s almost irreplaceable because those picks weren’t until 2024-2025 how valuable is that in reference to our next two seasons. How do you expect to pass rush for the next two seasons depending on YGM and Barno. Or maybe you don’t realize our other good pass rusher Haynes is already injured and the season hasn’t even started. I really wonder what you guys think we would have gotten with those future picks is this year a wash in your opinion and your ready to focus on next season or pass rush isn’t that important in your opinion.

45 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

Fools gold actually I have some aluminum ummm I mean white gold to sell you after work for a major discounted price lol. Trading Burns for unknowns at his age is just mental. I literally just heard Damien Woody just made a comment about the jets Oline getting handed yesterday. He said you know what we have to give Burns his credit he’s hands down one of the best pass rushers in the league he’s going to dominate a lot of tackles. We’re so blinded by unrealistic expectations we think he should put up 18 sacks a seasons or something. He’s only 25 primed and ready to dominate at his position he’s almost irreplaceable because those picks weren’t until 2024-2025 how valuable is that in reference to our next two seasons. How do you expect to pass rush for the next two seasons depending on YGM and Barno. Or maybe you don’t realize our other good pass rusher Haynes is already injured and the season hasn’t even started. I really wonder what you guys think we would have gotten with those future picks is this year a wash in your opinion and your ready to focus on next season or pass rush isn’t that important in your opinion.

So, reading is a go. That's good.

Understanding what you read, still needs a lot of work. Stick with it. 

Fitterer was on WFNZ the other morning. He was asked about this report and Fowler saying the sides weren't close. Fit gave the expected reply that he doesn't talk about contracts and then commented about media not knowing what's going on. After he left Mac mentioned something about Fit giving an in person look to suggest the Fowler statement was BS

16 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

So, reading is a go. That's good.

Understanding what you read, still needs a lot of work. Stick with it. 

You said those picks could have been gold…..what’s gold about having picks 2-3 years down the road what good does that do us for the next 2-3 years. You trying to get Frank fired for that gold hence why I feel it’s FOOLS GOLD not hard to understand. I definitely understood everything clearly you’re said I’d lean on keeping him based on our current situation but those picks in now way would have been gold. End of story let’s be clear I could continue to elaborate if you don’t understand why I said it’s fools gold but I’m sure you get it now. Maybe you should think through your statements before spewing out nonsense about gold for future picks when we have no other pass rushers even comparable on the roster. Also think picks typically take a year or two usually 2/3 years to blossom into a dominant force so your willing to wait 3-4 years to replace Burns with that gold you speak of or you think we can replace Burns with Clowney and hold those golden picks hoping the player we draft develops into a probowl player in the future which isn’t a guarantee what’s golden about future picks or just to be able to say we have multiple first round picks lol knock it off I watch to much nfl way to closely to know first round picks aren’t gold they are a gamble that sometimes payoff and sometimes don’t you never know. But when you have a proven elite player under 25 you never trade him for unknown commodities since you didn’t understand what tf I meant.