• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King: Carolina’s New Brain

PantherMan89

10 hours ago, rayzor said:

Lol someone stayed up too late drinking again

Thanks for bringing your tinder box blues up here.

4 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Wasn’t one hit. It was hit after hit after hit. It’s always one that finally ends it, but without everything that came before the spear by Watt wouldn’t have finished off his shoulder. 

And tommy jone didn't hurt jake.  Ok I got it.

On 8/7/2023 at 10:10 AM, PantherMan89 said:

More insight into that presentation Bryce gave to the oline. 

Bryce’s brain

Wofford College, Spartanburg, one night early in Panthers’ training camp, offensive players and coaches in a meeting room, a vital two hours for a new coaching staff and an offense with potentially new players at every skill position. “Pizza and Protections,” it’s called, with a stack of hot pizzas on hand to make it a relaxed setting. How will this offensive line block regular and “exotic” fronts, and what terminology will be used to call it in the huddle? New coaches from different systems— head coach Frank Reich, line coach James Campen, QB coach Josh McCown, coordinator Thomas Brown—have to agree on the details and verbiage and adopt them. Important night.

Before the meeting, Campen and McCown approached Reich. “Coach,” McCown said, “do you mind if Bryce facilitates? He wants to do it.”

Bryce Young, the rookie quarterback, 22 years old, wanted to run the meeting with 35 players and nine coaches. Reich was stunned to hear this. But he figured, Why not? This guy is more advanced than any rookie I’ve coached.

“How’d he do?” I asked.

“Phenomenal. Flawless. Flawless. He knew everything,” Reich said. “It was a pretty amazing night.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/fmia/news/nfl-training-camp-tua-tagovailoa-panthers-fmia-peter-king?cid=fmiatw

Say what you want about Bryce but that poo right there is not normal. I would challenge to say that something like that may have never happened in the history of football. MAYBE Manning did something like that? But I doubt it. How many rookies would have the agency, the smarts, and hell….the balls to do something like that in his first WEEK of pro football? Incredible!

• Pie 3