• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Huddle Fantasy Football League?

1 hour ago, DJ feed me moore said:

https://fantasy.espn.com/football/league/join?leagueId=1606484626&inviteId=518b2d02-1576-487c-b97d-650d503fc2c9

I decided to make one on ESPN, here is the link. Going to allow everyone to join these next few days, once all spots are filled Ill start working on collecting the $. Also was thinking Monday September 4th 8-9 PM for draft.

Cool, just signed up. Thanks for starting it up. 

• Pie 1

I'm in. (Was 11th to sign up.) If you can't get a 12th, feel free to delete me.

I don't post a lot, but have been a member since before the big server crash.

Who do we pay?

Edited to add: I did play in the one last year ran by Kya.

Edited by ACobra289

30 minutes ago, ACobra289 said:

I'm in. (Was 11th to sign up.) If you can't get a 12th, feel free to delete me.

I don't post a lot, but have been a member since before the big server crash.

Who do we pay?

Edited to add: I did play in the one last year ran by Kya.

I think I am the 12th 

• Pie 1

oh wow people swarmed all in @ nas is the 12th. Great to have everyone. Going to bed here soon, tomorrow Ill start trying to get payments settled. Draft is set for 9/4/23 at 8:30 EST. If anyone can't make that day Ill be happy to move it but I figured that was close enough to the regular season and with it being labor day hopefully most people will be off and around their phone/computer that night. Good luck everyone!

• Beer 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I wholeheartedly and respectfully disagree with wanting RBA gone.  It would be a huge mistake.
    • Rod wasn't on the ice for any of the goals the Canes scored or the ones we let the Rags score. Hockey is a cruel sport sometimes and I've said winning a Cup is probably the hardest championship to win in all the major sports; what with the salary cap in place, injuries that can and do happen to key players, teams/players that go on "heaters," and just plain damn puck luck. The Canes were the better team, but didn't perform and/or get much luck at all this series.  Refs were decidedly against the team (not saying this is why we lost the series, but it was obvious).  Games 2, 3 and 6 were winnable games for us and the guys didn't play up to the moment, they played nervous, scared, "not to lose hockey," and lost both of the OT games because of it and blew it tonight.  Game 1 was the only straight loss and unfortunately Freddie must have been wearing his Toronto undergarments tonight.  He deserves a lot of the blame tonight, but I can also say we had a couple of other guys that helped the collapse.  Orlov comes immediately to mind tonight and in one of the OT games when he just over skated a puck, to me he made (throughout the season) some of the most consistently dumbest plays I had ever seen out of the Canes defensive unit under RBA and Gleason. Losing absolutely sucks especially to this POS Rags team who can go fug each other, the refs, and the league officials who absolutely want them in the playoffs for as long as possible.  Trocheck can suck a fat cawk for his petty bullshit and I hope karma brings Trouba that broken neck he so richly deserves. All that being said, I don't believe RBA should be thrown under the bus AT ALL.  We could have won this series and there wasn't a specific decision he made that cost the team games.  The players didn't step up in the moments when they needed to, our PP was terrible all series, our PK was terrible in Games 1 and 2 and let us down in Game 6.  We tightened up in the OT games, our goalies were plain average or worse in 5 of 6 games with Freddy losing any sort of mental toughness tonight.  We rarely saw the Canes play the way they can play and when that happens in the playoffs say hello to the end of your season.  I've mentioned it before, but to win the Cup every one of those guys who laces em up and gets out there on the ice has to leave their blood, sweat, and tears out there every single night whether you are playing the Jr. Canes or fugging Rags.  There is no tomorrow, there is now and the Canes have not done that in the playoffs.  We've had tough breaks with injuries (Svech last year, Fast and Pesce this year, etc.), scoring issues, etc. but since I've been around the whole time the franchise has been in NC this iteration of the team has never shown some of the heart and grit that the teams did when they improbably went to the Stanley Cup finals vs. Detroit, won it all in 2006, and made the ECF in 2009 with overall less talent than we have now. I don't want RBA to go, he didn't lose any of these playoff series.  We can question his moves and in a few instances rightfully so, but I don't want to go back to where we were.  Daniels can go to Chicago, evaluate the roster, but this isn't an RBA issue and I don't think it's a Gleason coached D issue.  I think it's the players who have to understand an off night during the playoffs can't happen, play your game, don't overthink it, leave it all out on the ice, and take on the "us vs. the world" mentality.  Hell, the more I think about it the more this team may need a good sports psych. This series could have been 4-1 or 4-2 Canes, instead due to tightening up and nerves getting the best of the boys we lost 4-2.  It SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, but no need with some of these crazy azz takes. and BTW I know we all want to attack us not getting an elite goalie, but 5 out of the last 7 Cup champions didn't have what I would call an "elite" goalie.  In most cases those teams had serviceable goalies who played up to the moment to win the Cup with their teams playing well in front of them.  The two Cups that the Lightning won with Vasilevskiy are the ones were I believe elite goaltending put them over the top. tl;dr:  This series loss isn't because of RBA, y'all are having knee-jerk reactions, our PLAYERS need to bring it when it's playoff time...they haven't, and sometimes the hockey gods aren't with you.