• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time to go shopping....WR

Jmac

42 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We don't have our high picks until 2025. I'm guessing you think we add talent via FA to help this rebuild correct?

How many people have you heard use the word "Rebuild"? Just CRA. He's stuck on it like an ant on honey. That and his hatred of all things Fitts are his two go too's this year. I admire your grit to deal with him. But it's like dealing with an 8 track player. Wait long enough and it starts repeating itself.

He's a self-admitted Pot Stirrer, so do with that what you will.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

You are out in left field on this one.  Virtually no one with any football acumen shares your view of the staff. You are right that Wilks didn't institute a different scheme but he did change the culture and rework the running playbook.  All with a depleted staff and minus CMC. 

I trust that Reich knows what he is doing and thinks he can win with Bryce now and in the future.  If he didn't believe in Bryce then Dalton would be starting while we bring Bryce along.  I have heard several players say they don't see this as a rebuilt and expect results right away. I believe them....

If Bryce even sniffs OROY, we are fighting for the Playoffs. This team ain't in no stinkin rebuild.

• Flames 2

7 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

How many people have you heard use the word "Rebuild"? Just CRA. He's stuck on it like an ant on honey. That and his hatred of all things Fitts are his two go too's this year. I admire your grit to deal with him. But it's like dealing with an 8 track player. Wait long enough and it starts repeating itself.

Yeah I'm not here to tell others what to think. Im just speaking for how I feel. I don't see us in rebuild mode. We have too much talent to be in that mode.

They traded a lot to get a QB. That tells me they believe they have a decent roster and can afford giving up future picks. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

I’m not stirring the pot saying we are in a rebuild.  We are.  Lord Zod can tell you that.  And it gets no higher than that.  But you likely could call me more of a NFL fan than a Panther fan. I definitely  don’t fan boy out over a team that hasn’t won in a literal half decade.

This is always the worst part of the season…..you got hyper sensitive crowd once again unable to handle people talking about a football team.  People dare speak against those that say McAdoo/Rhule pairing is going to be awesome, Sam Darnold and the Jets outcasts is smart direction, etc.   Oh noes!  Someone said Fitt who is going on year 3…..doesn’t really anything to his name that could result in him being actually praised as good at his job. 

9 hours ago, panthers55 said:

You are out in left field on this one.  Virtually no one with any football acumen shares your view of the staff.  

Give me your top 5 coaching staffs in the NFL and show me where you got the one of the best in the NFL Carolina staff?   The All Star staff. 

They are all stars in comparison to Matt Rhule's assembled staff.   Which I acknowledge. 

Frank + a first year OC who isn't calling plays + a DC with 1 year in the books in the role ......is not one of the best coaching staffs in the NFL.   

We are in a fine spot w/ our coaching staff.  Best spot we have been in of late.  No need to then exaggerate it.  We have young talent.  That's a good thing.  Potential isn't proven though.   And we likely need Frank to get out the way and be a HC and see what we got in the OC.  Because we know what we have in Frank the playcaller.  And that's pedestrian playcalling at the NFL level to date.  The primary knock of the HC. 

10 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

They traded a lot to get a QB. That tells me they believe they have a decent roster and can afford giving up future picks. 

Disagree. I think they wanted to get the qb done now and thought trying to trade up next year would be impossible.  We were not a quality team that was only a qb away from contending. 

17 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Yeah, that was the worst take I've heard in a while, other than the guys who thought we would be a playoff team. Or perhaps that Ickey had proven he is a franchise left tackle. 

Lot of fanboys here who are just hot take after hot take. 

In my defense...I still think we have a legit shot at winning the NFCS, thus being a "playoff team". Not because we're a great or even complete team yet, but because none of the teams are. We'll get a real look at that possibility starting in 2 weeks. 

In other news, I agree that Chark has looked like our best receiver all of camp and preseason. I hope it's nothing major or lingering. And Icky looked really good LAST YEAR. But 1 good year doesn't make you a franchise LT. I'm still bullish on him BTW.

• Beer 1

This team is in a rebuild,  but they are still trying to win. Its that some of us know the it's going to be difficult to win after purging the offense of 7 starters and 5 on the defense while trying to build chemistry and learn a new system in the 1st couple of months in the offseason.  It's common sense that they will not have an easy road the 1st season. But yet here we are demanding playoffs or heads on a platter if the don't.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

I heard it stated well on radio by someone I cant remember but who is very level headed with their analysis.

When you replace your staff, draft a QB 1, and sign 8 starters you are in a rebuild. No idea how that's not a rebuild.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, csx said:

I heard it stated well on radio by someone I cant remember but who is very level headed with their analysis.

When you replace your staff, draft a QB 1, and sign 8 starters you are in a rebuild. No idea how that's not a rebuild.

and trade away your 2 best offensive players for draft picks. 

• Pie 1

Just now, csx said:

We only have one unit that is not extremely thin on this team and thats the safeties.  look at any other position group on this team and there no depth whatsoever.  Any injury is pretty much a death kneel for those groups.  Its going to take the 2024 draft and free agency to create quality depth and truth be told we probably need to be looking at replacing Shaq after this season as well