• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FYI: Cuts begin today

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Well I am glad I wasn't the only one.  

In fairness, I think our preseason coverage sucks balls.  They spend a LOT of camera time on the sidelines switching to the play just before the snap, then show the replays sparingly.  The announcers are talking about 2017.  I rarely saw what the defensive backfield was doing and could not see who was in the game at OL for the most part.  I got frustrated.  And then in the fourth quarter, they grab some established player and have a 10 minute interview with him while the game is being played--those are the people fighting for roster spots--that is when I WANT to be watching preseason football.

• Pie 4

So we sit at 56. At least three cuts to go.

We have 7 WRs with the new guy from KC coming in. Derek Wright iffy?

5TEs (if you can’t FB Ricci as a TE). Hurst, Thomas and Tremble appear safe. Sullivan out?

DLine- set with Tuttle, Brown, DeShaun Williams and likely Stallworth. No clue on Thurman and Ray.

QB- keep three?!??

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Santee_Panther said:

So we sit at 56. At least three cuts to go.

We have 7 WRs with the new guy from KC coming in. Derek Wright iffy?

5TEs (if you can’t FB Ricci as a TE). Hurst, Thomas and Tremble appear safe. Sullivan out?

DLine- set with Tuttle, Brown, DeShaun Williams and likely Stallworth. No clue on Thurman and Ray.

QB- keep three?!??

my guessws

Offense: cut Sullivan.  If they find some OL help, they move TMJ to PUP.  I think that is why they traded for WR.

Defense: Cut Ray, Haynes to PUP.  If they can find a vet CB, they may swap him with Robinson and Robinson to practice squad.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

D Williams is a veteran who had 4.5 sacks at Denver last year--very familiar with our DC.  He makes the roster.

YGM has played inside--there is some talk about him being a situational pass rushing 3Tech.  If so, his versatility could be valued.

Who is Nick Thurman even?

6 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

my guessws

Offense: cut Sullivan.  If they find some OL help, they move TMJ to PUP.  I think that is why they traded for WR.

Defense: Cut Ray, Haynes to PUP.  If they can find a vet CB, they may swap him with Robinson and Robinson to practice squad.

Marshall practiced today, so he is likely good to go.  Haynes is fully expected back by week 1.  Chark is the one I am worried about.  He may go on IR after Tuesday.  I'm nearly certain that we pick up an OL help and cut Irving before his contract is guaranteed.

One, if not two of those TE's is going to be cut.  Most likely Sullivan with an injury designation so he could possibly be resigned or added to the PS.

Wright is a big question mark.  Maybe since there haven't been any real eye opening receivers cut they are just waiting until the last possible second so he can go to the PS.

The D-line could also be altered since a few of those guys are not subject to waivers as well.  Our top guys, Tuttle, Brown, Williams are obviously safe.

21 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

Marshall practiced today, so he is likely good to go.  Haynes is fully expected back by week 1.  Chark is the one I am worried about.  He may go on IR after Tuesday.  I'm nearly certain that we pick up an OL help and cut Irving before his contract is guaranteed.

One, if not two of those TE's is going to be cut.  Most likely Sullivan with an injury designation so he could possibly be resigned or added to the PS.

Wright is a big question mark.  Maybe since there haven't been any real eye opening receivers cut they are just waiting until the last possible second so he can go to the PS.

The D-line could also be altered since a few of those guys are not subject to waivers as well.  Our top guys, Tuttle, Brown, Williams are obviously safe.

Chark practiced today too.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Cardinals waived DT Rashard Lawrence
Lawrence has started 13 of the 25 games he’s appeared in since entering the league in 2020, totaling 30 tackles and four TFLs. He started all five games he appeared in last season before a shoulder injury ended his campaign. Lawrence could provide added depth along another team’s defensive line now that he’s been released.

possible waiver claim option 
  • Pie 1