• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This may not be thread worthy but…

The Question

I think we should be very excited about Jamie Robinson. After watching film…

-Impeccable tackler

-Hard hitter

- PERFECT timing with hits in pass coverage, he is great at laying the wood at the exact right time to cause incompletions 

- High energy

- Good at jumping snaps and knowing where to be when and how to get to the ball.

He reminds me of a Jeremy Chinn without being liability in coverage, and that’s no disrespect to Chinn but I’d rather have him close to the line in the box. 

• Pie 4

Any guy with my last name gets my approval.

Seriously though he has potential to develop into a starting caliber safety. Like OP said his tackling ability is above average. Kind of hard to judge his coverage skills but he didn't look to bad in preseason. Coaching staff could make this guy a legit player. He has the talent that's for sure.

• Pie 1

It’s wild that some people here have said the opposite and wanted him cut. 

Not that their take is wild, just wild that two people can watch the same player, with one loving what they see, and the other thinking he’s trash. 

I liked what I’ve seen so far. He has a compact heaviness when he tackles somebody. Some might call it “having that dawg in him.”

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I saw nothing from him in preseason to be excited about. In some instances I saw a worse version of what I saw at South Carolina. Liability in coverage (huge TD he lost tracking on before half against Lions) and lost in run support (embarrassing effort against Jets where Smith was trashing him on the broadcast).

Edited by therealmjl

52 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

not to be that guy but his name is Jammie

Coaches had to be impressed because we let some good guys go.

I knew it was Jammie and even stuck it in my head and still messed up haha. Alas, with research I’m kinda pumped about Stephen Sullivan, and if Derek Wright made the 53 they must like him. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, The Question said:

It’s just opinions man, I could be completely wrong but I just like what I see in his college stuff. He seems like he’s got grit and smart. What more can you ask for?

I’m not a Corral hater. I like the dude and want him to do well. I think he was terrible in the first preseason game (not all on him though) but he’s gotten a bit better since. 

• Pie 1