• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other Teams' Pickups

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm still pissed about that. Hurny is such a moron.

Yet he still has a job 😂

He definitely owes Rivera, big time. Lord knows he never got so much as a sniff after the first time he was fired.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Here's a new one...

Hey, at least they didn't try to stash one on the practice squad thinking nobody would pick him up 😕

We've had offenses that were so inept that keeping two punters would have been a good idea.  In fact, devising and running the "twin punter formation" would have had its upside.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm still pissed about that. Hurny is such a moron.

Gano is/was better than people give him credit for overall but yeah everyone knew Butker was the real deal and at that position you go with the cheap younger option over the decent vet (who had also not shown much clutch ability by that point).

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

45 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

We've had offenses that were so inept that keeping two punters would have been a good idea.  In fact, devising and running the "twin punter formation" would have had its upside.

Don't forget, when they mic'ed up players for our preseason game they chose the punter and the long snapper. I mean, that says a LOT. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Hurney kept him on the 53 at the start as well - he was actually rostered until week 2.

Everybody and their brother knew we weren't keeping two kickers. All they had to do was wait.

Honestly, if the Steelers get something for either of their punters, I'll be surprised.

(and honestly, disappointed) 😕

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

Gano is/was better than people give him credit for overall but yeah everyone knew Butker was the real deal and at that position you go with the cheap younger option over the decent vet (who had also not shown much clutch ability by that point).

Dumbass Hunery could have traded Gano but elected to keep him because Ron and his hardon for vets.

Boomer Dumb Ass GIF by Wentworth

• Pie 2