• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Calvin Johnson on the trading block?

panthersphan

Let’s end that buzz right now,” laughed offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, calling it “completely insane” and saying he “would be pretty depressed if that ever happened.”

“Yeah,” coach Jim Schwartz said, “we’re in the process of trying to acquire good players, not let good players leave. I think that if we’ve learned anything from history, it’s to value talent and not to discard it.”

http://www.freep.com/article/20091217/SPORTS01/91217035/1049/Trade-Calvin-Johnson?-Lions-say-no-way

Dang, he would really be nice to have.

If we got Calvin Johnson then the Panthers would probably resign Moose and keep him as our 3rd wide out which would leave us with an amazing receiving corp. Just imagine Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson, Moose, and Dwayne Jarrett. Just thinking about it gives me chills.

Moose and DJ give you chills? Lay of the pipe, man.

That's wild the Lions are even talking about trading him though. I'm trying to think what they need most. I guess Defense. I can totally see some team giving up a #1 Pick and their star at some D position.

Too bad we can't do it.

Why would we want him here? Two #1 receivers on the same team never work. What we need is a great #2.

this in a way. I'd rather add a Welker, Dallas Clark, Antonio Gates/etc(yes I know they're te's)

Good news is Davone Bess, a Welker type receiver is entering free agency this year.

Archived