• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The NEW Inside the NFL

PanthersATL

Airs Tuesday nights on the CW at 8p. For once, no cable subscription needed to catch "the show the pros watch"

It's definitely been revamped from the SHO version, which seemed to have gotten too full of themselves.

Epi 1 is covering the Super Bowl so far, and it's been good conversations.

The hosts need a bit more polish, but some of their convo has sounded less rehearsed and more player-to-player rather than studio analysts. One segment in, and what I thought would be a train wreck of new-to-TV people isn't so bad.

Chad Ochocinco is the elder statesman of the show

Chris Long, Jay Cutler, Ryan Clark, Channing Crowder round out the panel

Looking forward to what they'll do once the season starts.  Hopefully with commercial breaks, they can focus more on games and less filler talk like the previous versions resorted to.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Ryan Clark has one of the better podcast out there. I think Crowder is also with him. I like their interviews.

Explains why he seemed comfortable doing a walk-n-talk opener and leading the talks. Its definitely seems more podcast-like relaxed on the set.

If they're only going to have about 40 minutes to showcase 16 game summaries by NFL Films due to commercial breaks, that would be... uh... 2 major games @ 3 min each, 10 games @ 2 min each, 4 games @ 1 min... that will leave just 10 minutes of time to fill.

Totally doable

Week 1? Dove right into the Jets story at the top, no conversational filler. Nice to see the NFL Films editors are still good at their job. They did spend 15m+ on the MNF game, which may be a reflection on how crazy that game was rather than a regular situation

I’ve been down on ITF for the most recent Paramount+/Showtime seasons. But the CW version is a surprisingly decent watch.