• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons GameDay Thread!

Zod

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

lol, you'd take 3 picks and no TDs just because it's not Bryce

A rushing TD and that many rushing yards at least tells me he can make something out of nothing. Bryce literally did not have 1 play today where I said wow, I'm glad he is our QB. Trading everything we did for a QB that makes 0 wow plays is not what I hoped or planned for.

• Pie 1

Just now, PleaseCutStewart said:

I wish I had closed my eyes and not seen our offense today.

Serious request: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs18jn-zj0Q

I'd love to know, aside from one deep ball, where all the amazing plays were supposed to originate today with no open receivers. Looked like the absolute most touchdowns he could've thrown today was 2.

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Serious request: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs18jn-zj0Q

I'd love to know, aside from one deep ball, where all the amazing plays were supposed to originate today with no open receivers. Looked like the absolute most touchdowns he could've thrown today was 2.

Mingo is wide open on the 1st INT where Bryce forces it into an impossible window. There were other plays he could have taken off and gotten 5ish yards in the 1st half when he threw it instead.

I don't feel like watching every single pass play in the video, especially when most of them are only showing half of the field. But I promise you Stroud and AR15 faced similar difficulties with the lack of talent they have at skill positions also today.

Just now, PleaseCutStewart said:

Does this account belong to Bryce Young. I think you are the only person out here saying Bryce had a great game

I'd like to know where I said that.

I think you are the only person out here dumb enough to want the Panthers to bench their rookie QB after one game, though: 

or predicting 0-17: 

or just being a whiny bitch who "isn't as invested now as I used to be":

42 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

A rushing TD and that many rushing yards at least tells me he can make something out of nothing. Bryce literally did not have 1 play today where I said wow, I'm glad he is our QB. Trading everything we did for a QB that makes 0 wow plays is not what I hoped or planned for.

Sorry but you seem clueless when it comes to having open receivers for Bryce to pass it to them instead of trying to force balls into tight pockets which led to picks which is not Bryce game nor most QB in this league. Bryce had receivers who could get open as they led the SEC in receiving yards, yards per reception, and receiving touchdowns with Bryce at QB. We had DJ who can get open but we traded him away like any receiver can win. Just ask Mahomes if you think that's true. Our receiving is garbage yet you blame our QB for it which is why you seem naive. Even Burrow struggle today with great receivers so whose fault is that? 

Bryce is a winner in my book but trading our top receiver to get any QB is just plain dumb imo so I blame it on the FO when the trade to move up went down way before the draft took place.

59 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I don't cares about wow plays like you do. I care about winning plays even if they are boring. You probably regret trading Sam D cause he was able to make WOW plays with his arm that you seem to fancy on along with a bunch of boneheaded plays. Its all about winning and one game doesn't define any player. Sam D had 5 seasons to define him but you just want the wow factor regardless which is sad. 

See...THIS is why rookie QBs should play more in preseason. Obviously, I don't want them to get hurt, but the longer they play against another team in a meaningless game, the more comfortable they can be finding the right chemistry. After watching the highlights, I don't think this is all on the receivers. Bryce seem to throw too quickly at times when he didn't need to...then sometimes held on too long. But I know he'll adjust and get more comfortable. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, 96Bravo said:

See...THIS is why rookie QBs should play more in preseason. Obviously, I don't want them to get hurt, but the longer they play against another team in a meaningless game, the more comfortable they can be finding the right chemistry. After watching the highlights, I don't think this is all on the receivers. Bryce seem to throw too quickly at times when he didn't need to...then sometimes held on too long. But I know he'll adjust and get more comfortable. 

I disagree. You do know he play 3 weeks of scrimmage against the opposing team before actually playing the game. Only difference is no sacking or even touching the QB which is a good idea considering how slender he is that one hit may put him out of action. 

Keep in mind he is the most polish NFL ready QB in this class, like Ridder was in last year's draft. Trey Lance only played one season and was out injured his final season in college so he is as raw as a bloody blue steak. Imagine if the SB contending 49ers had drafted Bryce instead, they would have won the SB and they would trade Purdy for Bryce right now. The question is would you agree to it as a fan?