• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons GameDay Thread!

Zod

9 hours ago, Harbingers said:

OL - B+ they actually pleasantly surprised me how cohesive they were on most plays already. That said 5 sacks is not a number they should allow.

QB - I’ll reserve that until we see a bit more of him. 

WR - Who? Do we have any WR’s on the team. Agree on the F.

Hurst - A

Defense - D-, the defense overall was, not good. 

Coaches - F. Those game plans sucked ass. 

Respect your ratings. As far as the sacks go, I attribute most of it to how long Young held onto the ball.

My QB and all my ratings were just for how they played for this game. I certainly expect Young to get better with more experience and practice, but he needs WR help and the timing was atrocious (half on WR half on Young). 

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

I know you can't be referring to Bryce cause his processing skills as in making smart decision is thru the charts. Its not hype at all but reality unless you never seen what he has done in Bama making something out of nothing in big time situations. He just need our receivers to get open.

Seems like you rather have kept Sam D with his cannon arm but his so called processing kills as you put it is still one of the worst in the league even after 5 seasons unless passing to ghost is your cup of tea Lol. 

Processing skills on a computer test vs real world game day processing skills. I’ll go with game day and expect Young to improve over time, not impressed with 1st game processing skills.

13 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Respect your ratings. As far as the sacks go, I attribute most of it to how long Young held onto the ball.

My QB and all my ratings were just for how they played for this game. I certainly expect Young to get better with more experience and practice, but he needs WR help and the timing was atrocious (half on WR half on Young). 

As was covered it was not 5 sacks. The announcers fugged up. 

• Pie 1

My grades

QB - D.  Made some nice plays at times, but obviously had some work to do.  

Oline - First half A, second Half C.  Run blocking was great, pass blocking in the second half broke down some, although some of that was on the qb.  

WR's - D, didn't do much.

Defense as a whole, B.  Their first two drives for scores were 17 yards (td) and 5 yards (fg).  When we didn't turn the ball over on our own side of the field, they got zero points for the first 3 quarters.  But we knew they were going to run it, and didn't do much to stop the run.  

Special teams Kicking/coverage was good enough.  Punter was fantastic.  

10 hours ago, DavidEng said:

Processing skills on a computer test vs real world game day processing skills. I’ll go with game day and expect Young to improve over time, not impressed with 1st game processing skills.

What do you expect from him when his receivers cannot get any separation to get open. Not his fault his receivers corps are the weakest in the league after trading their true wideout away. Its no different than Minny trading Jefferson to move up in the draft to take a QB. You DO NOT trade your top receiver and not replace him. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

My grades

Oline - First half A, second Half C.  Run blocking was great, pass blocking in the second half broke down some, although some of that was on the qb.  

Defense as a whole, B.  Their first two drives for scores were 17 yards (td) and 5 yards (fg).  When we didn't turn the ball over on our own side of the field, they got zero points for the first 3 quarters.  But we knew they were going to run it, and didn't do much to stop the run.  

So i guess if the receiving group is a D, might as well give the QB the same grade. What was Josh Allen grade last night in your book? 

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

My grades

I can't see giving Bryce a D with this being his first start as a rookie.

I've seen a hell of a lot worse.

8 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

What do you expect from him when his receivers cannot get any separation to get open. Not his fault his receivers corps are the weakest in the league after trading their true wideout away. Its no different than Minny trading Jefferson to move up in the draft to take a QB. You DO NOT trade your top receiver and not replace him. 

Bryce knows this and tried to force it through anyway. Bad decision. I saw more positive than negative out of him but call it like it is. His mental game is held to a higher standard because he does not have the physical traits to bail him out of bad decisions.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, DavidEng said:

I was.

Said it elsewhere: These days we have guys who've been in the league for two or three years that still can't consistently go through theie progressions.

Young went through them regularly as a rookie making his first start.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I can't see giving Bryce a D with this being his first start as a rookie.

I've seen a hell of a lot worse.

I am just looking at performance only, not taking being a rookie into account.  He made some mistakes and those mistakes were critical, but I do think he will get better.  At least I hope he will.  

I bet if truth be told, he would probably  give himself worse grades than any of us would.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I am just looking at performance only, not taking being a rookie into account.  He made some mistakes and those mistakes were critical, but I do think he will get better.  At least I hope he will.  

I bet if truth be told, he would probably  give himself worse grades than any of us would.  

I'm sure he would. Most players would.

(outside of guys like Freddie Mitchell, at least) 😕

But I think you have to take the situation into account to give a true grade.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm sure he would. Most players would.

(outside of guys like Freddie Mitchell, at least) 😕

But I think you have to take the situation into account to give a true grade.

Nothing I say or do here has any impact, just my opinion.  And like I said, I expect him to improve.  But this was his first real test, and he didn't do well.  I didn't expect him to do well. 

Fwiw, I don't remember any teacher in school ever taking my situation into account.  If I missed the question, they marked it wrong and told me what I needed to work on.  Which is what I hope the coaching staff is doing.