• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fire Scott Fitterer

FuFuLamePoo

Just now, MasterAwesome said:

I'm not sure my takeaway after Week 1's performance was "man, if only we had a better blocking TE".  That'd be near the bottom of my priority list.

Dude is a 6'7 freakshow.   That play was merely an example of what a freakshow can do.  Which meant stepping on the field day 1 and smoking Mr. Everything Bosa with that block.  Pretty sure we also had a turnover on 4th and 1 with the run.    That's not all he can do.  He wasn't a Tommy Tremble prospect.   He would be a freakish big target to develop for Young going forward.....in the pass game. 

That's not hindsight.  He was my pick when they went up to reach for DJ.  Thought the priority should of been on weapons for Young.  Which is still my position. 

DJ Johnson - 0 snaps week 1. 

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

Dude is a 6'7 freakshow.   That play was merely an example of what a freakshow can do.  Which meant stepping on the field day 1 and smoking Mr. Everything Bosa with that block.  Pretty sure we also had a turnover on 4th and 1 with the run.    That's not all he can do.  He wasn't a Tommy Tremble prospect.   He would be a freakish big target to develop for Young going forward.....in the pass game. 

That's not hindsight.  He was my pick when they went up to reach for DJ.  Thought the priority should of been on weapons for Young.  Which is still my position. 

As far as I remember he had a terrible attitude and turned a lot of teams off. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Martin said:

As far as I remember he had a terrible attitude and turned a lot of teams off. 

Didn't turn off Mike Tomlin.  Who hasn't had a losing season.  Ever.   Going on year 17. 

He is a freakshow and the Steelers and their players have glowed about him.  I put more on what guys do on the field and potential vs how good they might interview.  I suspect a ton of guys interview poorly.   Rookies to vets. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Again, I'm not disputing his blocking abilities which are what were on display in that one clip you showed.  He didn't even get a single target in the passing game, in a game where they were getting blown out 20-0 less than halfway into the second quarter.  Initial impressions from that stat line don't scream "pass catching weapon" to me, which is what we desperately need.  Sure it's hella premature one game into the season, but you're opening that door to premature scrutiny when you're already proclaiming him to be a big miss for our FO based off of one pass-blocking snap.  If you're being critical of DJ Johnson's 0 snaps Week 1 and through the other side of your mouth hyping Darnell Washington's potential as a receiver after a game where he didn't even get targeted, then you're applying two different standards (immediate contribution vs. future potential).

And the bold basically just reads "Warning: confirmation bias.  Will overreact to singular positive plays".  I don't think openly admitting that is helping you come across as an objective evaluator.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Again, I'm not disputing his blocking abilities which are what were on display in that one clip you showed.  He didn't even get a single target in the passing game, in a game where they were getting blown out 20-0 less than halfway into the second quarter.  Initial impressions from that stat line don't scream "pass catching weapon" to me, which is what we desperately need.  Sure it's hella premature one game into the season, but you're opening that door to premature scrutiny when you're already proclaiming him to be a big miss for our FO based off of one pass-blocking snap.  If you're being critical of DJ Johnson's 0 snaps Week 1 and through the other side of your mouth hyping Darnell Washington's potential as a receiver after a game where he didn't even get targeted, then you're applying two different standards (immediate contribution vs. future potential).

And the bold basically just reads "Warning: confirmation bias.  Will overreact to singular positive plays".  I don't think openly admitting that is helping you come across as an objective evaluator.

I'm critical of the DJ Johnson for lots of reasons.   Not just because he didn't play a snap.  Which was all discussed at the time. 

Washington at least played.  And did good things.  Like that clip showed.  Which is impressive given the tall task. 

Oh, I am definitely biased here. I hated the pick.  Still hate it.  Better gambling could of been done elsewhere.   Especially given we drafted Young and his weak weapons. 

• Beer 1