• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just an update

The Question

9 hours ago, therealmjl said:

You do realize he had a very costly fumble on a drive we were nearing the red zone right?

One is a rookie making his first start on the road, the other is our most expensive FA acquisition and a “proven vet”. 

The play began on the 50 yard line.  He ran for 12, fumbled on the 38.  Costly for sure, but not as bad as the two interceptions.  Falcons still had to drive the length of the field after the fumble.

that being said, Sanders cannot make that mistake as a veteran.  His deal is basically just for 2 years, and I suspect our plan is to cut him loose after next season.  Overall, he had a good game besides the TO.  I’d like to see us use him more in the passing game.

• Pie 2

The fumble is the concerning thing. 
I don’t think we can count on Chubba to average 6.7 yards per carry. He did have a couple of nice runs. But nothing happened magical from last season to this season. He was ‘ hands of stone’ his whole career. 
Sanders is a better receiver out of the backfield. Yes, that’s part of a ‘ running backs’ job in todays NFL. 

All of these ‘ quick takes’ are one game knee jerk reactions to an awful fumble. Including my comments. 
Let’s hope Sanders looks better Monday night and Chubba continues to run hard .