• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Against Atlanta

Cdparr7

54 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

The young grade is kind of bullshit, IMO. Receivers didn't get separation at all. The first pick was more a bad route by hurst than a bad read/throw by Bryce. 

For what it’s worth all WRs are in the 50s except Shenault whose in the mid 60s

1 hour ago, Cdparr7 said:

3 Lowest on Offense

-Young 31.4

-Sanders 47.7

-Thielen 53.9

3 Highest on Offense

-Hubbard 82.1

-Hurst 70.8

-Bozeman 68.6

3 Lowest on Defense

-DeShawn Williams 30.8
-Vonn Bell 38.4

-CJ Henderson 48.9

3 Highest on Defense

-Xavier Woods 69.5

-Derrick Brown 68.4

-Brian Burns 68.0

Is there some kind of minimum snap threshold in the data you’re looking at? Cause I saw a PFF article having Troy Hill at 76.4 which makes him our highest graded defensive player. It also had the worst 3 offensive players as Young (31.4), Smith-Marsette (37.8), and Sanders (47.7) but also Tremble with a worse grade (50.3) than Thielen (53.9).

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-falcons-pff-grades-week-1-bryce-young-chuba-hubbard-brian-burns-derrick-brown/

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Is there some kind of minimum snap threshold in the data you’re looking at? Cause I saw a PFF article having Troy Hill at 76.4 which makes him our highest graded defensive player. It also had the worst 3 offensive players as Young (31.4), Smith-Marsette (37.8), and Sanders (47.7) but also Tremble with a worse grade (50.3) than Thielen (53.9).

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-falcons-pff-grades-week-1-bryce-young-chuba-hubbard-brian-burns-derrick-brown/

Yeah it was set at 20 snap minimum it looks like.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

its bad man. I have some All-22 stuff coming. Im a bit deflated at the moment, but I have to give Bryce a bit of a leash since he is a rookie. However, it's Darnold bad.

He is a rookie QB, in his first start on the road, with meh skill talent....and barely played in the preseason.  And we asked him to pass nearly 40 times. 

it wasn't supposed to be good given that. 

Frank should of played him like a rookie.  Not like a starting QB in the preseason.  Cam got real preseason work. 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Frank should of played him like a rookie.  Not like a starting QB in the preseason.  Cam got real preseason work. 

I really didn't understand why we were treating the preseason like we were an established top contender. I was hoping it was because we were much further along as a team than I expected. Having seen our opening game now I really don't understand it. It was pretty much exactly how we looked in the preseason. You would've thought we would've made better opportunity of the opportunity preseason provides to try to iron out some of those wrinkles.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really didn't understand why we were treating the preseason like we were an established top contender. I was hoping it was because we were much further along as a team than I expected. Having seen our opening game now I really don't understand it. It was pretty much exactly how we looked in the preseason. You would've thought we would've made better opportunity of the opportunity preseason provides to try to iron out some of those wrinkles.

Young was robbed of game speed reps and work with his WRs that he doesn’t know.  Camp is camp.  Practice is practice.  Real action of preseason is valuable for many players.  Specifically, rookie QBs.  And Young got some of the lightest work I can recall any rookie getting that actually was heathy.  Everyone out snapped him. 

plus, Frank’s play calling is just weak.  A continuing theme across the board.  Indy to his first half calling vs Thomas’ 2nd, to this game.  Frank doesn’t need the call sheet in his hands.  He never does anyone any favors.   Old school coach needs to focus on being a HC.  Let the green OC grow with Young. 

• Pie 1