• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best and Worst - PFF

CRA

38 minutes ago, Hogan said:

Gosh. I didn't know that. Seriously, you truly believe putting together a football team is ALL about "developing players." How long have you followed the sport? A year? 

I guess in your world you could go round up 5 or 6 guys at the rec center and then the coaches will "develop them." 

In your world, the work the scouts and GM do to find players is a waste of time.

Summer Floating GIF by BlackBearDiner

the burns rating is weird since they schemed everything to literally run away from him. that's what opened up all the sacks and pressures. Brian burns is doing exactly what a top tier DE does and has teams focusing on him. i guess pff doesnt catch that.

Edited by dxpanther
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I think Campen is overrrated around here.  If you are on 5 different staffs/teams in 5 years and end up on Matt Rhule’s squad…..you probably aren’t an all star.   I don’t think he is a bad coach.   But he sort had been billed as on of our strengths and his resume doesn’t back that. 

I too believe he is a bit overrated. He’s average in the NFL we just have had some horrible OL coaches which inflates his value.

In his defense he has had some bad luck. He was let go with McCarthys crew and went to Cleveland with Kitchens but Kitchens was fired after a season, then he went to LA with Lynn which turned out to be his last season, and then he went to Houston where it was Culley’s only season and then ended up with Matt in Carolina where it was his last season, and Frank just retained him.

Yeah I was gonna say on Campen, I haven't researched his employment history but situations where having to change jobs is the outcome are not always the same. It is not always because the employee isn't doing a good job though sure, that could have been in the mix too. 
He got hired again every time, in the NFL so he must be doing okay at least. 
The players like him, the OL last year came together nicely. And fwiw I am not one rating them top five or anything like a lot of people were, but there was steady progress. As I believe there will be this season. 

Specific to here and now I can’t see where he is a source of any dysfunction or issues, and there are injuries here early hampering the development of cohesion and some young players. Bigger fish to fry in the repair of this team afaic. 

I don’t know enough about him to make a claim on anything but I looked at the hiring of Brown with some questioning type of reactions, like it was weird that a Running Back is brought in to develop a QB offense. Like, what has he done? I couldn’t immediately see why he was a ‘great get’. Not that he isn’t but I am not sure he called plays in LA and he was a RB and where/how does that fit in here with all the other hires which are QB passing game focused. I guess I just didn’t immediately understand him in that role. Still feel unclear.  

Which. makes me curious as to why people are clamoring for him to call the plays. Someone want to correct the info here and say what play calling experience and QB expertise he possesses?