• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 3 Panthers News

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, lightsout said:

I really hope Dalton does well but he won't because our receivers get no separation and while he can and will throw with anticipation, he's not throwing balls before breaks even start like Bryce has been doing. Bryce will start the minute he's healthy.

I mean sure he's mellowed with age but Dalton has some sick highlight reel throws. He has a better grasp of what NFL open is and that sometimes you gotta trust a guy to win a 50/50 ball or get a PI like Bryce did when he finally threw deep to Chark. There are definitely a few frames on the TFG film breakdown where WR's are just standing around downfield NFL open and Bryce is running sideways out of a decent pocket

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, lightsout said:

I really hope Dalton does well but he won't because our receivers get no separation and while he can and will throw with anticipation, he's not throwing balls before breaks even start like Bryce has been doing. Bryce will start the minute he's healthy.

I actually think we might have a decent passing game.

Seattle isn’t good against the pass to begin with and then they are having injury issues too, could be without their top corner and both safeties.

7 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I mean sure he's mellowed with age but Dalton has some sick highlight reel throws. He has a better grasp of what NFL open is and that sometimes you gotta trust a guy to win a 50/50 ball or get a PI like Bryce did when he finally threw deep to Chark. There are definitely a few frames on the TFG film breakdown where WR's are just standing around downfield NFL open and Bryce is running sideways out of a decent pocket

TFG is ok but QB School moreso outlines actual football thought. TFG presents info in a way where your average couch GM will feel validated, imo. I don't think, from looking at the same things you have, that Bryce is just not seeing guys that are "NFL open" (I know what you mean, but either a receiver has gotten by a defender or they haven't. If the DB is in their hip, they are absolutely not open).