• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Early Games Thread

Harbingers

4 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Stroud is making all these throws in tight windows, these receivers are not getting open like people say. He is putting the ball only where they get it.  More importanty he is getting the ball out quickly when needed. 

Also, put me down as someone who said i would take him over lawrence and i meant it. That guy aint showed me enough yet. 

Stroud was always my favorite.  He’s far more athletically gifted that Young and it’s not close.  That being said, BY is our QB and I’m hoping he turns out to be an all pro 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, OldhamA said:

He's not accurate enough - it was all over his tape in College and has carried over to the NFL.

It's only a minor thing - he gets the ball where it needs to be (or at least in the 'area code'), but the elite QBs put it on the correct shoulder 9 times out of 10. Lawrence doesn't. 

Yeah, it makes a huge difference in YAC. 

Just now, Smithers said:

Stroud was always my favorite.  He’s far more athletically gifted that Young and it’s not close.  That being said, BY is our QB and I’m hoping he turns out to be an all pro 

Same. I wanted Stroud then Richardson than Bryce. However, he is our guy and I just want him to succeed. It just hasn't been easy to support through two weeks. Every excuse you can have for him you can look around the league and see others doing what he isn't. Even other rookies with defensive minded head coaches and a backup offensive line and no run game. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Still hard to say if Love is a legit QB but Saints do look good

I don't think he is. He was like 55% completions against the Bears and similar against the Falcons. Here he has been worse than that. Touchdowns are flukey and I don't think against the Bears he had one that wasn't wide open.