• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

THE Official David Tepper Sucks Thread

Panthers Fan 69

16 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t Tepper want to do away with the Keep Pounding mantra? Wilks took over and basically made it his entire coaching personality.

Never seemed like Wilks was much of a yes man and Tepper is always going to have the final say. He’s the owner and that’s his prerogative but we aren’t going to succeed until he takes a step back and accepts he doesn’t know a damn thing about football.

I'm fairly certain that wanting to stop the keep pounding and other traditions was strictly a Rhule thing. He's was trying to install his "Brand" nonsense. OOUs and DBO and all the rest of the Brand poo. He's the one that removed keep pounding in the locker room entrance and replaced it with The Brand definition.

He installed the same asshat verbiage at every stop he's been at and is now doing it at Nebraska.

Edited by Floppin
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Don't get me wrong I have plenty of beef with him, but right now I'm not even too mad at him specifically?

The Rhule hire was a disaster. He knows, you know it. We all know it. But it's not like he doubled down and made the same mistake again. Instead of hiring an unknown, this time around he tried to play it safe by hiring a guy that had like 5 winning seasons in 6 years at his previous post. While being one of the most respected and universally loved coaches in the league. The complete inverse of Rhule. He showed a clear willingness to learn from his mistakes and hired who we thought would at least be a solid coach while surrounding said coach with an all star cast of assistants. We all loved these moves.

It's like a curse has been placed on the franchise because I'm at a loss for how and why things look so bad right now. This same group basically went 7-10 last year and now we clearly look like the leagues worst team except maybe the Bears. What happened? 

Like, if Tepper had gone from Rhule to some other unknown wildcard coach I'd be way more angry. But that's not what he did. I'm at a complete loss for what is happening right now and why it's happening.

He didn’t fire Fitterer with Rhule. Should have completely started over