• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are your best ideas for trade packages to help this team?

Ricky Spanish

I keep seeing “we need to bring in WRs” and “our WRs are terrible” etc. 

I honestly think if we could have run the ball effectively when we needed too, there would have been some panthers victories at this point in the season, even with everything else going on.

I am not convinced the WRs are holding back this offense. Miles is killing us right now.. and I don't think trade’s hypothetical or otherwise are going to turn this around. We gutted the team from top to bottom, and we are going to need to grab the tail and ride this tiger.

Bring on the pain. 

At this point trade Reich away and let Brown cook. Reich is a known quantity and is doing the same crap that got him fired from his last job. And no he won't stop calling plays until it's dragged away from him. No real loss but money that doesn't go against the cap. Win-win, he gets to skip away and not have to watch his soul leave his body every gameday or pr event moving forward and we get a good look at the coordinators.

Trade him to Nebraska and let Rhule be his new boss.

Edited by Waldo

1 minute ago, PappyMay said:

Could you guys imagine this team DJ Moore and Jalen Carter on it and just let Dalton be the QB plus our future assets. Hurts to think about. Still wishing Bryce the best and has Brees like success.

Yeah we couldn’t win long term and the jury is literally out on Jalen Carter

6 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

And we are going to win long term now? I thought I was realistic hoping for 7-10 and improvements now I’m hoping for 5-12 and worried that’s a stretch. 

Yes, we can.  Not this season though.  Our defense is fine IMO.  Be nice to have Horn as he is one of our top players.

Now…we need a #1 and #2 WR.  A better TE would be nice too.  Also, we can probably find a decent power RB and hopefully a stud guard in free agency.  That is a lot but it’s possible.

This would be with an astute talent evaluator which we don’t have right now.

I think we have like 5 building block players on this team.  We need to find 1 or 2 next offseason and fill in otherwise.  That would show improvement 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Yes, we can.  Not this season though.  Our defense is fine IMO.  Be nice to have Horn as he is one of our top players.

Now…we need a #1 and #2 WR.  A better TE would be nice too.  Also, we can probably find a decent power RB and hopefully a stud guard in free agency.  That is a lot but it’s possible.

This would be with an astute talent evaluator which we don’t have right now.

I think we have like 5 building block players on this team.  We need to find 1 or 2 next offseason and fill in otherwise.  That would show improvement 

I’m hoping by years end maybe Zavala gets it together and Mingo can be a #2 next year.  Sure would help for salary cap purposes. 

6 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

I’m hoping by years end maybe Zavala gets it together and Mingo can be a #2 next year.  Sure would help for salary cap purposes. 

Zavala appears to have some upside but the other guard spot is bad.  And no depth.  I felt ok picking Mingo at the time but he is slow and has that “just a guy”look to him.  That pick should have been Torrence but if you pick WR they had to have speed.

I am a full believer in Bryce Young but we need to let him sit right now 

Burns for a 1st in 2024 and a second in 2025 plus a WR who is a legit #2.  We recoup our draft picks for Bryce and go from there.  TMJ is a bust.  He's supposed to be our #2, but he's not even a #3.  Next draft we snag the best WR and edge in the first two rounds at our pick.  Then we have Bryce, Mingo, drafted WR, traded WR.  On defense we lock up Brown, rookie edge and a new corner on the boundary to put D-Jax in the slot.  That's even before I talk about FA.

This sh*t isn't that hard.

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Burns for a 1st in 2024 and a second in 2025 plus a WR who is a legit #2.  We recoup our draft picks for Bryce and go from there.  TMJ is a bust.  He's supposed to be our #2, but he's not even a #3.  Next draft we snag the best WR and edge in the first two rounds at our pick.  Then we have Bryce, Mingo, drafted WR, traded WR.  On defense we lock up Brown, rookie edge and a new corner on the boundary to put D-Jax in the slot.  That's even before I talk about FA.

This sh*t isn't that hard.

The problem with this is that Brian Burns is one of the best young defenders in this league and our best player.  People might undervalue him but he is fuggin awesome.  Just imagine him on a team playing with lead more often 

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

The problem with this is that Brian Burns is one of the best young defenders in this league and our best player.  People might undervalue him but he is fuggin awesome.  Just imagine him on a team playing with lead more often 

He's really good, but not elite.  He wants to get paid like the later.  We suck too bad to start paying guys like we are a player away.  Let a team who IS a player away at edge pay him what thinks he deserves.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1