• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are your best ideas for trade packages to help this team?

Ricky Spanish

We know our boy Scotty loves to wheel and deal, so you know his trigger finger is itching to make a deal we will later regret right about now. 

Our most valuable assets are probably:

• Burns
  • Brown
  • Chinn

We don't have a first round pick next year, the cupboard is pretty bare. Pretend you are Scott Fitterer and you are tasked with unfuging the current situation you helped create. What are the best trade packages that you can come up with that might help this team this year and into the future?

• Pie 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Nope. I'm letting Fitts sink or swim with this roster he has assembled. If he can find some FA pieces or swing some low level trades involving late round picks or non-core players, fine. But I'm not letting him trade anymore valuable assets either in terms of players or future picks trying to band aid up these shotgun wounds. This is either gonna work or we're in the GM market this off-season.

I feel like I want to get out of this staggered thing we have going on with Coaches/GMs. I feel like we ride the next two years out, if Bryce fails and/or Reich does (probably linked together) we totally clean house and start fresh with a new GM who picks his coach rather than a coach he inherited.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nope. I'm letting Fitts sink or swim with this roster he has assembled. If he can find some FA pieces or swing some low level trades involving late round picks or non-core players, fine. But I'm not letting him trade anymore valuable assets either in terms of players or future picks trying to band aid up these shotgun wounds. This is either gonna work or we're in the GM market this off-season.

Right there with you. We end up with 4 or less wins and Frank and Fitts both need to be shown the door, Fitts regardless. Evero is an excellent HC candidate but we need a FO with vision of the future, not one living in the past.

• Pie 1

Trades for future assets should work.  This year is about getting our rookie QB developed.  I wouldn't be against seeing the if the Jets will offer something decent for Dalton, and I would see what Burns can get us.  We aren't in any shape to pay for a $30 million pass rusher.  Let a contender do that.  

• Pie 1

Hypothetical scenario:

You are Scotty 2 hotty. Just chillin, vibin at 0-3, watching the team lay another egg. The phone rings. It's the washington commies. They believe that they have their QB of the future in Sam Howell and want to bolster their pass rush.

They offer you Scary Terry and a 2nnd for Burns to be reunited with Rivera. Do you make this deal?

Burns and a third to Raiders for Adams and Chandler Jones. Don't think they'd bite but it would not hurt to send a teaser out and see how they feel. Jones is done there and they are paying Adams almost 30M per year. Getting an all star DE in exchange for an above average DE that hates you + freeing up 30M in cap has to be somewhat enticing to them. It's a win/win for both teams. 

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Trades for future assets should work.  This year is about getting our rookie QB developed.  I wouldn't be against seeing the if the Jets will offer something decent for Dalton, and I would see what Burns can get us.  We aren't in any shape to pay for a $30 million pass rusher.  Let a contender do that.  

Andy Dalton is worth a bag of potato chips.  Recent history has shown the value.  You aren't getting anything of substance for an Andy Dalton.