• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers actively shopping for a WR

ncfan

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I couldnt even start to imagine what he would cost us

Multiple first round picks lol. You can kiss the 2025 1st and 2026 1st away to go along with not having a 2024 first for the Bryce trade. 

That would be the ultimate move to bury this franchise for a good decade. 

13 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Agreed. Imagine trading up for your franchise QB then trading his only weapon on offense.smh

They should have traded Burns, now they can't even pay Burns the money he wants. This franchise is ran by some idiots.

Yes, it was always better to trade Burns because of the exact issues faced now: 1: No true #1 for Bryce and 2: Having to pay Burns #1 money without being convinced that he's actually a #1.

I also recall most here thinking that Burns was a more valuable piece than DJ. It is revisionist history now.

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's what Fitts said. Meanwhile, look at our history at DT and edge rusher. Now look at our history at WR. Now tell me which one we've struggled most at.

We put all our chips on the table for a young QB. You gotta commit to building around him and the commitment should've started with parting with a key young defensive piece rather than our only proven receiver.

Agree with this point and made the same at the time. This franchise can almost fall out of bed and acquire game breaking D-Linemen--it's actually probably the one good thing that it has been consistent at.

Finding a receiver though? Cam went to a Super Bowl with cast-offs Cotchery and Ginn as his main receivers with Olsen. I just remember when DJ was drafted, Smitty said, "they've been trying to replace me...until today". Says all we need to know, and CMC might actually be the 2nd best receiver in franchise history after Smitty. Speaking of Olsen, the franchise list of names for TE's is also short with just Walls and Olsen. Shockey was a shadow of himself and everyone else has basically been a bunch of JAGs.

Pass catchers has just not been a strong suit for this franchise from the beginning.

1 minute ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Agree with this point and made the same at the time. This franchise can almost fall out of bed and acquire game breaking D-Linemen--it's actually probably the one good thing that it has been consistent at.

Finding a receiver though? Cam went to a Super Bowl with cast-offs Cotchery and Ginn as his main receivers with Olsen. I just remember when DJ was drafted, Smitty said, "they've been trying to replace me...until today". Says all we need to know, and CMC might actually be the 2nd best receiver in franchise history after Smitty. Speaking of Olsen, the franchise list of names for TE's is also short with just Walls and Olsen. Shockey was a shadow of himself and everyone else has basically been a bunch of JAGs.

Pass catchers has just not been a strong suit for this franchise from the beginning.

In terms of WRs, we have Smitty, Moose, and DJ as our top three. But after those three it absolutely falls off a cliff. Mark Carrier our 4th leading WR barely had over 2500 receiving yards for us. That's a terrible history for the position.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Yes, it was always better to trade Burns because of the exact issues faced now: 1: No true #1 for Bryce and 2: Having to pay Burns #1 money without being convinced that he's actually a #1.

I also recall most here thinking that Burns was a more valuable piece than DJ. It is revisionist history now.

Burns probably was a more valuable piece on the open NFL market, pass rushers with his potential just do.

But in that specific trade, DJ was the more valuable player that the Bears really wanted.  They needed to get Fields a weapon and there wasn't anyone great in free agency this summer (as we well know, seeing as we don't have a true #1).