• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The offense with Bryce is getting worse every week

electro's horse

49 minutes ago, br2nc0 said:

Wouldn't doubt Stroud is doing that, but I also would doubt that it would be hard to make a play when 75% of your pass plays are screen plays.

You've got to ask why the Coaching staff don't trust him to throw anything but screens a week after letting Dalton rip it all over the field....

15 minutes ago, countryboi said:

Bryce is fine, being a rookie QB in the NFL is hard as hell. That’s why it’s less than 32 starting caliber quarterbacks in the world. 

even Payton Manning went 0-4 in his first 4 starts. 

Did Manning look like he couldn't physically make half of the throws in the playbook?

33 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Honestly he is more forgettable than anything. That's Johnny Football territory. They will roll his name out for draft stuff but I doubt most will remembwr him in 10 years. 'He looks a little too much like Young for me to feel good about taking this kid in the first round'...

Nah, the hype around Young was unreal. "Unquestioned #1 overall pick" etc. To bust this badly, this quickly is Leaf territory. 

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

You've got to ask why the Coaching staff don't trust him to throw anything but screens a week after letting Dalton rip it all over the field....

Bryce young is one of the most accurate QBs in the league through the first 4 weeks. Either they are scared or just incompetent.

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Nah, the hype around Young was unreal. "Unquestioned #1 overall pick" etc. To bust this badly, this quickly is Leaf territory. 

Maybe. He is just a sad blah. Plus most of the people that were hyping him will soon be tearing into him. IDK, he is so forgettable if you are not a panthers fan.

Three factors concern me greatly.

1. Bryce's arm talent is significantly worse than I thought. Pre-draft I said his arm was NFL average at best. So far, his arm looks well below NFL average. There's just no velocity at all and he seems really hesitant to throw more than 10 yards beyond the LOS unless the receiver is completely wide open.

2. Bryce's escapability isn't translating. He's getting chased down from behind more often than not.  

3. I can't sugarcoat how badly broken, defeated, and dejected he looked and sounded in that post game presser. His game doesn't excude confidence and that presser screamed an utter lack of confidence.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Bryce is closer to being a college football analysis than a all pro Qb right now. That's just the truth. He has to figure it out for himself if he wants to play in the league a long time. I dont think its about the coaches and talent like some people say. Sorry, im just not buying it. Some All time great college players didnt amount to anything in the league. If you are convinced a guy doesn't have to prove himself in the pros based off what he did in college then you are really lost. 

If comments were play results this is a 40 yard laser.  

Edited by Newtcase

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Three factors concern me greatly.

1. Bryce's arm talent is significantly worse than I thought. Pre-draft I said his arm was NFL average at best. So far, his arm looks well below NFL average. There's just no velocity at all and he seems really hesitant to throw more than 10 yards beyond the LOS unless the receiver is completely wide open.

2. Bryce's escapability isn't translating. He's getting chased down from behind more often than not.  

3. I can't sugarcoat how badly broken, defeated, and dejected he looked and sounded in that post game presser. His game doesn't excuse confidence and that presser screamed an utter lack of confidence.

Have you considered that Bryce Young is one of the most accurate QBs in the league?

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Have you considered that Bryce Young is one of the most accurate QBs in the league?

According to next gen stats his expected completion percentage based on throws made is 66%. His actual completion percentage is 65%. He's basically right on par with what is to be expected for a QB of average accuracy. Slightly below average of we're being nit picky.