• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The offense with Bryce is getting worse every week

electro's horse

4 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

Do you honestly believe you're adding anything constructive to the conversation?

It proves that BY is hitting his reccievers, it turn proving that accuracy isn't as issue. Coupled with the fact that our WRs are last in separation in the league, it proves that BY's hitting his receivers isn't a BY issue, but a WR issue. It also proves how scared and incompetent the coaching staff is on BY.

Just now, br2nc0 said:

It proves that BY is hitting his reccievers, it turn proving that accuracy isn't as issue. Coupled with the fact that our WRs are last in separation in the league, it proves that BY's hitting his receivers isn't a BY issue, but a WR issue. It also proves how scared and incompetent the coaching staff is on BY.

Well lets unpack this.

It's hard to consider his accuracy as passable when he hasn't even attempted a pass beyond 20 yards.  Most reasonable minds would expect a high completion from any QB with so many short passes.  They're called high percentage plays for a reason.

By what metric are you claiming we have the least separation?  There has been some quality film break down that shows Bryce isn't seeing or attempting the pass when the play IS there, and trust me there are plays with open options.  Dalton gave us a fine example of what's possible with our WR group in what was a certainly a harsher setting than the Vikes at BoA yesterday.  I suppose the alternative is you think we magically only had receivers open beyond 20 yards that one time Dalton played.

Blaming coaching here is pure conjecture.  Bryce is the trigger man, most route trees have options at various depths.  Clearly Bryce is declining to throw beyond shallow routes, eliminating a large part of NFL concepts.  He's also audibling a fair amount at the line.  In the end we can only be certain of three things.  One, we don't know the call or the intention of the call.  Two, Bryce hasn't attempted a pass beyond 20 yards. Three, the offense performed differently with Dalton.

But don't let logic get in the way of your narrative.

• Pie 1

It’s too early to write off BY. But there are some concerns especially since we see how some other rookie QBs are playing. 

the offensive philosophy and playcalling have been historically bad. Like worse than Ruhle.  So that is gonna get BY some wiggle room. 

Also, Thomas dropped that TD yesterday and that is a big play if he does his job and catches it. First week Sanders had a fumble that killed a solid looking drive. 

still, the “super processor” can’t process a safety walking in on his strong side and the Panthers probably save money on his jersey and pads because he can fit in to children’s clothes.  

I won’t write him off as a bust because he could look much different in a couple months, but considering what they traded to get him and passed on a chance for Maye or Williams next year, man it’s not looking good. 

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#rating

Look category by category. I'm just warning you, it's ugly. If you're trying to cling to hope don't click.

Yup, that's UGLY.  Air yards under 3 and intended air yards a hair over 5.  Sure Young's got a high completion rate, but is there any question as to why?

Again, Franks playbook has route over 5 yards.  I can't 100% confirm that, but it's just a hunch.

1 minute ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

I'm only in my mid 40's but I guess I just need to accept that I'll never see the Panthers win it all. 

These past couple years man….really testing your heart as a fan. It really is a poorly ran organization and an embarrassment for everyone involved. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Brent Gregory said:

The accuracy issue is a moot point. Any qb can throw passes to the line of scrimmage or 2-3 yards. Every defense in the nfl will let them do that. 

And occasionally jump one for a pick 6 which has been conveniently ignored about yesterday.  There's a reason defensive players don't play WR.  That Vikings player dropped a gimme pick 6 yesterday, which would have only had added fuel to today's discussions.

• Beer 1