• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

38/21

Frank9999

41 minutes ago, CRA said:

see this is bad coaching though.  you see this all the time.  that's on the staff.   another reason why Frank shouldn't call games.  dude is lost in his poo playcalling.  Frank botching all kinds of basics too.  Saw that Sunday.   Bryce hasn't been good.  It's tough to argue there is any evidence this staff is able to help this kid out. 

I think they need to install a slow no huddle.   Cam thrived in it.  You can run Frank's simplistic game out of that. QB gets to the line early.  Call ready.  Plenty of time to relax, check out the landscape, time is on your side. 

Oh I agree 100%.  Seems like this organization has always had a difficult time getting to the LOS with 15 seconds left.  Crazy stuff 

8 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I have - I see a guy who isn’t used to losing who is frustrated by losing.  I don’t see a guy doubting his physical abilities.  

Frustration is one thing. This dude is downright dejected. He looked lost for answers and on the borderline of just breaking down and crying at the presser.

5 hours ago, Varking said:

I don’t know if it’s the player or the playcalling or if it’s a mix of both. I know our offense used to look like poo until Riverboat showed up and let the offense gamble and go for it and keep drives going. I’ve closely followed the Bears because of Justin Fields and when the offense is wide open he looks like a much better player than when they throw 14 screens a game after running on first and second down and this makes me lean more towards playcalling than Bryce being the issue. 

Yeah, haven't watched that game yet but I had Fields as my fantasy QB and was loving the 1st half...he was like 19/19, 200+ yards and 3 TD's. Somebody then had a lobotomy in the second half and based on your comment it must have been the coach.

4 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Yeah, haven't watched that game yet but I had Fields as my fantasy QB and was loving the 1st half...he was like 19/19, 200+ yards and 3 TD's. Somebody then had a lobotomy in the second half and based on your comment it must have been the coach.

They were trying to run the clock out. At one point they were tied, had the ball on the Denver 30, ran with the running back, ran with the running back, ran with the running back… and then on fourth and 1, ran with the running back. Never put the ball in Fields hands or let him use his legs and they failed to convert. Then Denver went down and kicked a field goal to go ahead. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

They were trying to run the clock out. At one point they were tied, had the ball on the Denver 30, ran with the running back, ran with the running back, ran with the running back… and then on fourth and 1, ran with the running back. Never put the ball in Fields hands or let him use his legs and they failed to convert. Then Denver went down and kicked a field goal to go ahead. 

Ok, so yep, coaching confirmed. Your point above reinforced.